The hotel seems to cater mainly to tourists; I was here on a business trip for a working week. It has some nice ***** features but also some *** ones, so the rating is an average.
I think the highlight of the hotel is the staff, although I never saw the manager mentioned here, and the day staff is quite better than the night staff. The tininess of the hotel ensures personality and a very high level of security.
I stayed in the highest room category with a nice view, but the most severe minuses come from the rooms, and these prevent a five-star rating, especially as they would be so easy to fix:
- the windows / balcony doors close so badly that the rooms stay extremely loud; especially given the Vietnamese propensity to honk away at the slightest provocation, that's an issue
- wifi was so erratic as to make any norrnal work process or Skype call impossible; when it worked it worked well, but it very rarely did
- the rooms are tiny but then cluttered with a large number of bizarrely huge designer lamps and with an additional useless (for me) small table and two chairs at the window - just to remove those would make the room okay (for a single!)
- I also agree with the comment on the oddly high bathtub; there are also no handholds when you climb out or in, and this is accidents waiting to happen (the bathroom is anyway tiny with no shelf space or hooks)
Good features include
- very nice bed, bedding, linens etc
- safe, polished but not dangerous marble floor, the optimal to have in Saigon
- extremely well maintained by housekeeping
- really great coffee maker (I am now in the Raffles Beijing, and the one in the Anpha was infinitely better)
- nice room design and decoration (except the lamps)
Of course, a microhotel like this does not have a gym, let alone a pool; there is also nothing close by. I enjoyed the breakfast on the roof terrace (especially nice staff); especially the local dishes were great. There is no inside seating, so better do not go too early because the morning sun is blinding - it needs to be just high enough to be kept away by the large umbrellas.
Location: As has been said, that it is literally across from the street of the back entrance of the (indeed horrible, tourist-rip-off) Ben Thanh market means it is easy to get back to. All tourist sites are in walking distance, as are nice cafés and restaurants. Saigon traffic only looks bad because of the scooters but isn't; taxis easily can bring you quickly to any further destination.
Airport transfer was okay. One can as well take a cab.
Would I stay here again when next time in Saigon? I think probably not, due to the wifi problems (this is serious for a business trip) and the lack of insulation, both of which could be fixed by the management in half a day for all rooms. If they were, I would, especially if the rooms would be a bit less cluttered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly built and conveniently located in the very heart of Ho Chi Minh City, next to famous Ben Thanh market, just minutes away from the city’s busiest financial, cultural and shopping district and 30-minute drive away from Tan Son Nhat International airport, The Anpha Boutique Hotel creates the hospitality experience of the modern traveler seeking efficient, secure, hygiene and high-end accommodation for both business and leisure travel. ACCOMMODATION The Anpha Boutique Hotel has 21 elegantly appointed guestrooms. All rooms feature internet and Wi-Fi, working desk and other amenities including a LED TV, safe, mini bar and coffee/tea making facilities. Plush bedding and distinctive bath amenities further enhance every stay. Most rooms come with great views over downtown Ho Chi Minh City. RESTAURANT The hotel features rooftop restaurant with garden terrace offering stunning city views year round. A relaxed environment with buffet and à la carte menu, including European and Vietnamese specialties. Its personal service caters from breakfast, lunch to dinner. JEWELRY SHOP Located on the ground floor of the hotel, the Jewelry Shop offers everything from trendy pearl beads to handmade turquoise and sterling collections. Our fine diamonds and dazzling gemstones are hand selected to ensure you will have that perfect piece for any occasion. Our friendly staff of professional jewelers, gemologists, and enthusiasts strive to give personal attention and excellent service to all customers. SERVICES - Turn down service - 24 hour in-room dining - Complimentary 24 hour WiFi - Airport transfer service - Laundry, dry cleaning and pressing - Babysitting service - Shoeshine service - Car rental - Sightseeing and tour booking ROOM FEATURES - Non-smoking rooms - Computerized key card system - Coffee and tea making facilities - iPod® docking station alarm-clock radio - 40” flat-screen TV with cable programming - In-room Internet access - Bathtub - Bathrobe and Slippers - In-room safe - Mini Bar - Complimentary daily bottled water ACCOMMODATION The stunning rooms at the Anpha Boutique Hotel take full advantage of the hotel's modern building and superb location to offer guests genuinely luxury accommodation in all categories. All rooms are stylishly designed and magnificently appointed with excellent contemporary amenities, they provide a haven from the hustle of the city nearby. 1.DELUXE ROOM Room size : 16 sqm Bed : 1 Double Bed View : City Our non-smoking Deluxe Room features one luxury queen bed and graceful décor. Deluxe room amenities include 32” flat-screen TV with cable programming, iPod® docking station alarm-clock radio, complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access, work desk, mini-bar, in-room safe and coffee/tea making facilities. Bathroom features plush bathrobes, slippers, a hair dryer and luxury bathroom amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anpha Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.