“Brilliant hotel”
Review of The Reverie Saigon

The Reverie Saigon
Ranked #1 of 476 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 15 January 2018

This hotel was located in heart of everything, grand design, palace grade decoration, excellent staffs, delicious breakfast, and our room with magnificent Saigon river view, it is prefect in every way. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Christina-Vonwrede, Resident Manager at The Reverie Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear Ken L, many thanks for having taken the time to review The Reverie Saigon. We are pleased to read that you had a great experience with us and had an unforgettable first visit to Saigon . Your positive feedback have already been shared with the team. We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights on route to Cambodia, very impressive hotel, staff all very polite and helpful.
Decor stunning.
Had a meal in the Italian restaurant, absolutely fabulous.

Great gym and pool area, fabulous views of the river and the city

Best hotel we have stayed in, lived up to its 6 star rating.

2  Thank alison p
Christina-Vonwrede, Resident Manager at The Reverie Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear alison p, thank you for choosing The Reverie Saigon and for having taken the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. I have shared your compliments with the entire team. Your satisfaction really serves as great motivation to all of us. Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and endorsing us. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at.

The service was amazing, staff are friendly, approachable and know when to give you space. Nothing is too much trouble.

The rooms are near perfect. Everything just works, they are quiet, the views are amazing and the quality of the finishings are very high. The free mini bar is a great touch as well.

The pool is nice, nothing special and can be a bit busy (no sun lounges one of the days).

We had breakfast at the hotel every day and it was simply sublime. High quality and great coffee too.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank NarrabeenRooster

Dear NarrabeenRooster, thank you for choosing to stay at The Reverie Saigon and writing such lovely compliments regarding your recent stay. We are glad to know you found the hotel as “Brilliant in every way”. I am absolutely thrilled that you found the hotel service met your expectations, and to hear you were extremely pleased with the hotel facilities and the room’s view. Your feedback is greatly valued and much appreciated. Therefore I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team. It was indeed a pleasure having you as our guest, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again anytime your travels bring you to Saigon.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

The Reverie Saigon is beautiful with exquisite blue marble and crystal everywhere you look. It is like staying in a palace. And more important, the rooms are spacious, the bathrooms extremely modern with the latest in plumbing technology. It is in a great location, a short walk to the Opera House and other hotels and great shops.

3  Thank Edie T

Dear Edie T, we appreciate your comments regarding your stay at The Reverie Saigon. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback like yours regarding the hotel’s decoration, location and room’s facilities. I will be sure to share your kind words with the team. Thank you again for your recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming on your next trip to Vietnam.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

I have traveled extensively and The Reverie Saigon is the best hotel I have stayed in to date. Luxury at all levels. Every detail was perfect and the staff trained and helpful. I didn’t want to leave.

2  Thank FL-GAL19

Dear FL-GAL19, we appreciate that you chose to stay at The Reverie Saigon. It is a delight to know that we were able to meet your expectations and that you had an enjoyable stay during your visit to Ho Chi Minh City. Your kind words will be definitely be shared with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

For the last days of our Vietnam vacation we thought it would be fun to stay here. When we checked in we were not offered cold drinks or towels like we saw other guest were. So service wasn’t consistent. Only other issue was the heat wouldn’t turn off on our heated toilet seat . The do not disturb / make up rm button didn’t work either . So we were woken up early by the maids. Also both my spouse & I got sick from eating in the long bar . It was a quick tummy issue that passed after two hours but considering that this is a high end hotel ....
The hotel staff did send us a plate of macaroons & a Bottle of wine for the issues we had. The rooms were opulent & the staff over all were lovely. The pool area is small and getting a seat was a challenge. I would recommend.

1  Thank Heather A
Christina-Vonwrede, Manager at The Reverie Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear Heather A

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comment following your recent visit at The Reverie Saigon.

We were most disappointed to read your review. However, please let me reassure you that we are constantly investing in all areas of the hotel and have a comprehensive programm to ensure the hotel is kept in good condition.

Our team here at The Reverie Saigon is genuinely driven by the wish to create meaningful experiences for all our guests and, once again, I am so sorry that we did not achieve this for you. The more I would like to thank you that you will still recommend us.

With all good wishes,

Reviewed 9 January 2018

The location of the Reverie can't be beat in HCMC. It's right close to all the attractions, and there are a ton of food and shopping options nearby.

The hotel itself is also pretty amazing - the decor is insane and the amenties are nice (free chocolates at night!).

The 3 star review is due to our check-in/out experience, as well as the restaurants. Check in was unbelievably difficult because my credit card differed from the one I prepaid our rooms with, 3 months earlier. They didn't want to let us check in because I didn't bring the exact card, even though I had another card that I used for the holding deposit that covered the full cost of the rooms. I eventually had to ask for the manager who then said I needed to hand write a statement to prove to the bank that I didn't have the same exact card (keep in mind that the prepayment was done THREE MONTHS prior). I told him that there's zero chance that the bank would actually do a handwriting comparison to make sure that it's in my hand writing, and that I'd already signed both the receipts as well as the check in sheet with the regular terms and conditions. We finally got our rooms after about 30 mins of literally all the staff behind the counter staring and whispering at us, and were made to feel that we should be grateful. Upon check out, they insisted that I provide another email address to them in case they needed to contact me - the one that I used to book the room is apparently not good enough.

Also contributing to the 3 stars were the restaurants. Breakfast is not worth having there - the buffet is pretty small, and although you can also order a la carte dishes, it took about 45 mins between our family ordering, and us receiving the tiny plates of food. We didn't have enough time, but should have each ordered 2 plates at the start for it to be worth it.

Dinner at Romeo and Juliet also left something to be desired. The waitress didn't tell us that the portions of the mains differed a lot depending on what we ordered. We ended up with 2 too many mains for the number of people in our party. Another waitress came over and apologized profusely, saying that she would have informed us that we were ordering too much, but then she didn't do anything about it eg. take a dish off our bill. The chef also came by the table, and said "yeah, that's too many dishes. They should have said something..." but also didnt' do anything about it.

All in all, not the best experience given that's it's a top ranked hotel. You should consider how important you good service is to you to decide if this is the right hotel for you.

3  Thank ILSF

Dear ILSF

Thank you for your stay and putting the effort into writing this review. We truly appreciate your feedback and please let me ensure you that your experience at The Reverie Saigon did not truly reflect the service we provide.

It is our highest wish to extend a friendly and engaging service for each and every guest and I am so sorry that this was not the case during your visit.

I have written to you separately and I hope my email fully expresses my sincere apologies and desire to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Reverie Saigon in future.

With all good wishes,