“Fun time on Saigon Free walking tour”

Saigon Free Walking Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Saigon Free Walking Tours is a local network of volunteer student guides and tour leaders. Saigon Free Walking Tours was created with the purpose of supporting authentic and local Saigon, the one that we sincerely love. OUR CORE VALUES: (S)ociable – (A)ctive – (I)ndigenous – (G)reen – h(O)nest – (N)on-for-profit
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Our guide Cuong or Carrot was an amazing tour guide. We started our tour at the Ben Thanh markets at 8am. He took us to see the Opera House, Notre Dame Cathedral, the Continental Hotel, the Post Office and the independent Palace as specified by us. Cuong was very knowledgeable, considerate and obliging. He spoke excellent English and we enjoyed our walking tour very much. I would recommend this tour for all who wants to see Saigon.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank gleejoe
Write a ReviewReviews (1,209)
All reviews
in 46 reviews
"walking street"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely afternoon walking around Saigon with Victor, a charming local student with an inspiring personal story.

We saw the main colonial buildings and learned about the history of the city, stopping for a coconut coffee at Cong on the way.

Date of experience: April 2018
2  Thank BabyFace14
Reviewed April 2, 2018

​After reading through all the reviews here and on Facebook. We decided to book a street food tour (night) with SaigonFreeWalkingTours.

It was a night of laughter and fun with Tracy and Larry, our awesome guides for the night. Tracy and Larry brought us to their local "hidden gems".

The foods were awesome and the company was marvelous. We enjoyed the night and look forward to another meet up with Tracy and Larry.

If you ever decided to book a tour with them, remember to make a request for the crab noodle (YUM! YUM! Delicious!) and sip a cup of coconut coffee.

Tim

2  Thank TimYolo
Reviewed April 1, 2018

3 of us booked 3 different tours with the students guides and we really enjoyed ourselves on our first visit to Saigon on our free and easy trip.

Tour 1 (Light up the Night) - guided by Alice, Luke and Jane. As we are new to this, we felt a bit shy and awkward with such arrangement. But these students are so friendly and very fast we enjoyed each other company for the night. We had dinner at places where the local would go to and we tried food that was not even on the my list ( google before the trip). Oh well.... I miss the coconut coffee !! We ride thru the tunnel over to District 2 to have a nice night view of all the lightings in District 1. Is a totally different experience on the bike as compared to Spore. (I sure miss it) The traffic direction is in a mess but with a hidden order (you will know what I mean when you are on the road ^_^) So much chatting even while on the bike :P

Tour 2 (Chinatown) - guided by Carrot, Bon and friend(sorry I forgot your name). We would definitely not know anything about District 5 if we didn't have these guides with us. We have gained so much knowledge about how the Chinese and the Vietnamese Chinese in this district. We have been to 2 temple, a church, tried the street dessert (yummy), walked thru the wholesale market and bought so much from there, been to the wet market, textile place etc.. I most probably would have been lost in that area if we didn't have them with us. Oh ya, and was recommended to tried the long history chicken rice and suckling pig. No regrets.

Tour 3 - Street Food tour - guided by Carrot, Bon and Bi. As we did the tour in the afternoon with 2 of them, we are like old friends who meet again. the bonding is so good and the friendship grew. We zipped thru small lanes and tried those hidden gems food and dessert that most tourists would not even go, sitting around with the locals and enjoying ourselves with food, beer and laughter.

As this is my first trip into Vietnam, I can't remember most of the food name but I love the taste of the food. All this students guides leave me a very good impression of Saigon and they ease me off of what I heard about Vietnam before my trip. I felt so protected and safe travelling with them. I highly recommend all to try them.
I will be back for U all again. All the best to your Uni life and studies.

2  Thank Eddow