2,285 results
All reviews rooftop bar busy street bui vien street hotel is located superior room backpacker district vip room friendly hotel tour desk budget hotel bars and restaurants stayed here for nights no window mekong delta would highly recommend this hotel breakfast buffet cu chi tunnels
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

Great hotel and staff!

I was a little worried at first cause the road this hotel on is a busy road for night life. But the hotel built in their hallways sound proof doors which was excellent. Didn't hear a thing in our rooms during our stay. Well done!

The rooms were cozy. Everything you need in a room was there- comfy bed, AC, mini bar. Bathroom was smaller and had open vents to the hallway so bugs could get in through there. But we just closed the bathroom door. Not a big deal.

Staff were friendly and pleasant. We booked two tours through the hotel with Peter (oh gawd sorry I have forgotten your name). But he was very helpful and insightful. we booked cu chi tunnels and Mekong river tours with him and were completely satisfied for the price and the tour. Book the medium package! You will know what I mean when you talk with him.

Breakfast was great too! The hotel restaurant certainly had great food. You need to check out the beautiful rooftop patio too. We never had the chance to eat there, but we def went up for photos. Like I said, wonderful view. Pretty sure it gets bumpin in there at night too from what we read. But again, couldn't hear a thing from our room on the 4th floor (rooftop is on the 6th).

When we come back to visit Ho Chi Minh down the road, we are going to book here for sure.

J & T

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed August 21, 2016

Bang in the heart of the main drag, this clean, comfortable hotel is absolutely outstanding. You will see from my reviews that I don't bestow that on everyone. They have a fab rooftop restaurant / bar which is quite well known for non residents, a really top top quality breakfast buffet with local dishes and Western dishes and friendly staff encouraging you to eat more or warning that it's just about to shut. Rooms are spacious enough considering it's city centre and any small issue is attended to immediately. I was there about a month ago and , sadly, my favourite staff member , Lee (?) Ly (?), has left to go further herself in Australia. I would stay here again without a shadow of a doubt. Thanks for your hospitality.

Room Tip: Higher the better. It's right in the main bar area.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

The hotel appears to be one of the better ones in the area. The staff were attentive and the breakfast was good. We were initially in a room with three king singles and asked to be moved, they moved us to room 105. This was a good room, a small amount of street noise but it didn't bother us. Good, clean rooms with good staff.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2016

My wife and I stayed at The Duc Vuong Hotel for two nights on the way to Nha Trang and two nights on the way back to Sydney. We were very impressed by the staff when we checked in and they could not do enough to help us and make sure we were settled into our room. Our first night in the room found us with struggling with the noise from the main street but when we spoke to Andy at reception he promptly changed our room to the back of the hotel Room 301 which was very quite throughout the night. Breakfast in the restaurant next door each morning was excellent and plenty to eat. We also went to the View Garden for drinks at night and found them to be really good value and the staff once again very attentive to your needs. This hotel is right in the middle of the action and obviously will not suit everyone but it is close to Ben Thanh markets and a lot of green space where you can chill out under the trees in relative coolness. A great pastime was to sit in one of the many bars in Bui Vien St. on the street and watch life revolve around this very busy street from the foot traffic to the vehicle traffic. I still do not know how we did not see more accidents on the road as there is traffic everywhere going in all directions. Once again thanks to all staff at the Duc Vuong particularly Andy who made our stay fantastic.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are much quieter Room 301 and 410.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2016 via mobile

The rooms are lovely, this hotel is in the "back packers" area, lots of choices for food on the street. Great atmosphere, but when you've had enough head to the roof top bar. They have "cocktail of the day" and they are of high quality. Lovely views over the city and the staff are helpful and friendly.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple