“Good. Place to be”
Review of Coco Dive Center - CLOSED

Coco Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Nha Trangs Premier Dive Center. Here at Coco we can take you to the best dive sites in Vietnam and take you all the way from your first ever dive experience to becoming a professional underwater explorer!
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

By no means is Vietnam the most beautiful place I've ever dived but coco were a really cool company they have good equipment and very helpful staff I done 6 dives all at different sites so was very happy and all though is not the best diving in the world I saw things I've not seen b4 so makes it all worth while there lots of small fish and beautiful corrals I also saw an octopus star fish pipe and lion and porcupine fish a good viraty down there just don't expect to see big stuff well worth a dive though if ya in the area

1  Thank beanstalker1983

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Coco Dive Centre disappointed me in many ways. Having already obtained my Open Water Diving Licence in Australia 18 months before, I booked in for an Advanced 30m dive and a refresher course. As lovely as the owner and dive instructor Xuan is, there were many things that were briefly skimmed over or completely left out in my refresher course, such as buddy checks, ensuring we surfaced with at least 50 bar, ill-fitting or torn wetsuits and other safety precautions. The Advanced course was even worse, and even though I obtained my advanced certificate with no injuries, I was not happy with the course. Having had a flawless Open Water course in Australia I knew what the standards should be, and they were not met by any means. On completion of the course, I was assured that my licence would be sent to my home address and details uploaded to the SSI database. It has been two months and I have still received neither, which means I will have to do the advanced course again somewhere else. I was overcharged by Coco to which they replied but did not refund, and it has been days since I last contacted them to no response. Very, very unhappy with this company.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The lovely and smart owner Xuan made us feel so welcome and told us already so much about underwaterlife and fishes we could see, that we decided to book 2 fun dives at Coco Dive Center.
My boyfriend and me are beginners and weren´t diving for 2 years, so I was a little bit afraid of breathing under water for the first time. When we told lady Xuan, she offered us to get an instructor for our own and a small refresher unit at the first dive site for free. And it was amazing! We had a great Instructor - Will - only for us and he reviewed with us everything we need to know and was very nice and so caring. Although the underwaterworld is not that colourful like in Thailand, Will found a lot of amazing fishes for us, like hidden frogfishes, a pipe-and tiny little yellow boxfish and flying gurnards. We can definetely recommend Coco Dive Center and Will! :)

1  Thank Brina W
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Coco Dive Center July 2013 and had a really good time. I wasn't certified so I had to obtain the Open Water certification. Prior to our arrival we emailed the dive center and got quick and precise reply to all our questions, so we felt safe. The instructor Will was really good and we even got two dive on the first day. It took only three days with two dive everyday from boat. We were picked up for free at our hotels every morning and got both snack, coffee, water and lunch served during the time on the ship. The company always turned up on time. I only paid 245 $ for the SSI certification and everything was included. In order to read the theory they provide the book for free, but also a online version in several language is possible. You can even take the exam in your own language. Even though my boyfriend had his certification we went on the same boat everyday and he went to dive with other tourists and has some great dives. We can recommend everyone to dive with Coco Dive Center not matter how experienced you are you will have a great time in Nha Trang if you choose Coco Dive Center.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I did my Advanced Course and 2 fun dives with Coco Dive Centre. My instructor Will was great with lots of experience and knowledge and he ensured that we got the most out of each dive - the majority of the dives we did were 60min+. The owners were so friendly and they were the main reason I signed up, they made me feel very welcome! Tea, coffee, water and food were in excess to keep you refreshed during the day. The diving exceeded my expectations & I would definitely recommend Coco Dive Centre to anyone looking to dive in Nha Trang!!

1  Thank Chelsea_Emett88