“Outstanding cooking class ”

Same Same But Different Cafe
Ranked #47 of 575 Restaurants in Nha Trang
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Cuisines: Thai, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a small family run business operating in Nha Trang for approximately 15 years. Our aim is to provide delicious Vietnamese, Thai and Western food to travellers in a clean, friendly environment. Recently we have been awarded a TripAdvisor certificate of excellence, of which we are very proud! Please join us for a good value breakfast, lunch or dinner. Hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

The restaurant Same Same But Different runs an amazing cooking class in Nha Trang.

The chef (Dat) is very friendly and speaks fluent English. Besides cooking he brings you to a local coffee shop, a bakery and a market to buy fresh veggies, fruits etc.

The cooking class takes place in beautiful soundrings at Dat's family house just a short drive from the center of Nha Trang.

The food we cooked tasted amazing and the experience has been one of the highlights of our trip to Vietnam.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

The staff were lovely, very welcoming. The food was okay, maybe even bland compared to other restaurants I have visited. Standard price but you could get better value for the money you paid somewhere else.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Called in a couple of times for a quick meal. Friendly staff with a quite good menu selection at very reasonable prices. Beer cold, fruit smoothies lovely. Meals well presented and very tasty.
Recommended

Reviewed 19 June 2017

I tried going twice. Once it was closed around dinner time, so we went somewhere else. The second time I saw it open during the day, around 3pm, with a lady sitting by the menu stand that had been put out.

I said hello to her when I approached and then started reading the menu. I was really hungry and wanted to eat somewhere soon, but when I went to sit down and asked the lady for a green curry, she just mimed that no, the place is not open or something.

Why they have their gate open, the stand out with the menu, and a lady sitting out front to greet customers, but aren't actually open, is beyond me. I do not know why the lady didn't just tell me or mime to me in the first place that they are not serving food, before I started reading the menu and went to sit down. I will not try this place again. Waste of time.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

We wanted a relatively cheap but authentic Vietnamese meal and were not disappointed. For a family of four the total bill was 900000 Dong, including beer and the food was a excellent. The menu was not particularly expensive and we had spring rolls and crispy prawns to start and a variety of mains, all of which were delicious. The vegetables were particularly good - very crunchy and far from over cooked.

They do have one or two odd European things on the menu (my daughter had Bruschetta) so it would be a good place to go in a group with mixed tastes.

All in all, if you want a cheap, unfussy option I would highly recommend it.

1  Thank Bazzamat