“Probably the best restaurant in Nha Trang”
Review of Le Bouchon - CLOSED

Le Bouchon
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Bar, restaurant , cave a vins
Perth, Australia
“Probably the best restaurant in Nha Trang”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This is one of the few places in Nha Trang that really knows how to run a restaruant. It's also probably about the only place with a Western Chef. Everything is great and of the highest quaility.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank aussie89_11

San Diego, California
“such a great, really good and pleasant French restaurant”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

In our around the world trip with my best friend, we stayed for a couples of days in Nha Trang..looking for a place to eat we stopped just to look at this french restaurant's menu.All the good stuff remenbered us what we did miss for 6 months( french food), we were debating about to stay or come back another night when the owner trapped us ;) by offering us the "usual" pastis .We stay and really enjoy our night there.Warm goat cheese salad, steack w pepper sauce , great recomandation on the wine, and the lovely waitress was really professional.The owners were so nice we had a amazing evening..We even had not enought money to pay and they were gently to give us a credit until the day after ;0 we went there 3 times in our week stay,everytime they offered us a drink or dessert, and every time we enjoyed our time with them.they told us about what to do and visit, even send us to a restaurant where they like to go to..
I'm sorry to read the review below but if i can say something about i : .Russian with BIG money who only stay in luxury hotel in some country as vietnam or Thailand, i just don't care about the way they reviewed local nice restaurant.I mean come on , 1st time they were dining outside!! complaining about the size of the restaurant ( small restaurant are the best) , fresh snail LOL,I don't know about the spaghetti problem but knowing the way the owners are i'm sure this customer did a lot of complain and was a .....I really won't see why a chef/owner can be rude like this client said.
Whatever this is the place to go to if you want to enjoy french food...un petit "bonjour" d' Isabelle et Virginie ;)

• Visited April 2011
Moscow
“Incredibly… rude and unprofessional!!!”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Everything happens first time. First time we, 4 adults with 6 kids, came to Vietnam to stay in Vinpearl Luxury (review to follow) villas. First but certainly not the last time I am making this review, so please excuse its size. First time we decided to dine outside of the resort. It was a serious choice process with the usual help of TripAdvisor, which was in fact helpful and informative for years. We earned our way through wild Russian reality to expect comfort, quality and service on holidays outside of Moscow crazy life. So the choice in the end was limited to Le Bouchon and Refuge, 2 top French restaurants in Nha Trang. My vote was deciding, since I remembered absolute fantastic experience with Le Bouchon in Kuala-Lumpur and thought that French standards of hospitality, cuisine and wine choice are the same worldwide. How wrong I was…

With all due respect to TA evaluations and ranking I do not understand how this eatery can be called a restaurant at first place. Ten of us occupied half of this very ascetic, approx. 30 sq.m., nothing but French place. We were met by two smiling local girls, who showed us to the table, passing the group of local French expats talking to the owner at the bar, who paid no attention to our arrival. Wine list was very modest – 8-9 red and 1(!!!) white. The menu was quite limited in starters and when I asked the waitress if snails are fresh she brought me a can of snails (!!!). Even in Russia with its unpredictable weather, snails are being farmed and supplied fresh to local restaurants and half of Europe. So we skipped entrees and have ordered the main dishes and the first bottle of wine, which happened to be a total crap. Forgot to tell about the toilet - dirty towel hanging by the sink was quite colorful. So now comes the drama…

Prologue: Parents know how difficult is to feed kids and how conservative they are in food preferences. Ours are no different. We were so pleased to see spaghetti bolognese in the menu and ordered it for 4 kids.

Part 1: We ask the owner to condescend to us and help chose the second bottle. He does and that was the only positive moment in the end.

Part 2: The waitress starts to bring main dishes, bringing 1 spaghetti Bolognese instead of 4 ordered. To our question where are the other 3 she replies: finished. We propose to find the way out as fast as possible since we are not going to leave 3 kids hungry. Reply is: Finished! Obviously it is so difficult to find a Bolognese sauce at a busy Nha Trang tourist street!!! We call for owner asking in a very polite way that it is at least not fare to inform us about inside problems with order 30 minutes after the order is taken and proposing to him to solve this incident in the best possible way.

Epilogue: The owner of #7 ranked restaurant with 34 positive reviews says to 2 families with 6 kids – YOU!!! MAY!!! GO!!! I am not kidding!!! This is the first time in my life that I was offered to leave the restaurant because the restaurant could not deliver! It is hard to express the shock, the insult, the absurd of the situation. I wished I could swear in French the way I do in Russian…

Nha Trang happened to be a hard place for a restaurant quality we get used to in Russia, Europe or America. But Le Bouchon exceeded the fellow colleagues in totally discrediting French spirit and setting a new standard of the poorest service possible.

I still wish to believe the owner did not take his revenge on us for 1812 campaign in Russia. To my memory that is the only negative aspect of Russian-French history. In the end we did not suffer, returning back to the hotel in time to enjoy Russian Christmas dinner with sturgeon, duck and baked crocodile, polished by nice Italian Valpolicello. But we will always remember this outstanding experience with a man, who has no right to be called a “restaurateur”.

• Visited January 2012
5 Thank Russian_Santa
Nha Trang, Vietnam
“Restaurant in the heart of tourist Nha Trang”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Had excellent steak here! Reasonable prices for drinks and food.

“Good value authentic French Bistro style.”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We loved this little place despite the rather plain ambience :With Madame at the helm we enjoyed our best meals in Nha Trang there.Service also good.Highly recommended .

Visited September 2011