“Luxury resort in top spot - expect to pay top dollar”

Evason Ana Mandara Nha Trang
Ranked #8 of 211 Hotels in Nha Trang
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This was the luxury part of our trip to Vietnam. The resort is on the south side of town and spread right along the beach for 200 meters or so. It was just beautiful, helped by gorgeous weather, of course. For the size of the place there are so few guests, and we never had
any trouble getting a lounger either on the beach (no locals hassling, either), or by the two pools, both of which were pleasantly warm, and largely deserted.
The accommodation's divided into rows of villas, each with four rooms facing the sea. Each room was pleasantly decorated, with a Roman style sunken bath at the back. The price differential comes with how far you are back from the sea, and what view you then have. Obviously right on the beach comes at quite a premium, but we found having a "superior sea-view" was perfectly fine. This meant being set back from the beachfront by about 25 meters, but with a view directly out to sea, through a wide gap dividing the beachfront villas.
Breakfast was your typical international buffet, but with a few little twists, like the sparkling wine on offer with the fruit juices. Try a Bucks Fizz with passion fruit juice - Nothing quite like it!
Pricey- yes, especially by Vietnamese standards, but we felt it was well worth it. With plenty of sight-seeing before and after Nha Trang, we didn't move from the resort during the day. Only at night did we venture the 15 minutes walk to mix with the plebs in the heart of the tourist district!

Room Tip: Superior sea view will be cheaper than absolute beachfront, but still with a halfway decent view ou...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
EAMNT, General Manager at Evason Ana Mandara Nha Trang, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Dear madpom
Thank you for posting your review on this site. Delighted to read that you very much enjoyed your time with us; yes our location on the beach is unique and wherever you are your villa is never far away from the sand. By the way our beach is more like 600m rather than 200 and this is possibly why our resort never feels crowded. We also have a sun lounger for every single of our customer so no need to get up at 05h00 in the morning to leave your favorite book on it. Thank you for mentioning that our prices are well worth it as I believe we offer great value for the memories you’ll take home with you
hope to see you soon again

There are newer reviews for Evason Ana Mandara Nha Trang

Reviewed 15 March 2012

This was our second stay at the Ana Mandara and we have already decided that our next trip to the region will include a break at this resort. The peace and quiet provides a perfect relief from the mayhem out on the streets. We had travelled to Hue, Danang and Hoi An prior to arriving and were fortunate enough to have five days of perfect weather (apart from the wind between 3 and 5 each day) for our stay here. As returning Ana Mandara ‘Family’ we were also fortunate enough to be upgraded to a beach front room which was bigger than the other rooms and provided the most relaxing wake up view I have ever experienced. We were recognised by staff from our previous visit twelve months earlier which is a lovely touch. I did think that the service had dropped off slightly, but it is still the best place in town. We went on a snorkelling tour with Sharon of Boston and Steve and went to Mini Beach for lunch. The snorkelling was OK but Mini Beach is a paradise on earth. Beautiful white sand, clear waters but a limited refreshment menu. Lunch was excellent. I would recommend the half day tour available at the front counter of the hotel as the whole package was a great day out. The water’s in this region are the warmest I have ever been in.
The only problem with our stay was the depression that set in on the day we left.
Thanks to Sharon and Steve for being such wonderful holiday friends. (PS: Not all Aussies are as loud as us)

Room Tip: Try a bit of everything at breakfast as it is not the normal production line hotel breakfast.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DebbieB63

Dear Debbie B63
Thank you for posting your lovely review. I was delighted to read that as a returner you had another great time with us. As the General Manager of the property having been there for the past 2.5 years I am however very disappointed to see that you felt the level of service had dropped over the past 12 months. Your constructive feedback will be shared with the team to make sure that they are aware of your feeling. Let’s hope we can change your mind on your next trip as we are continuously reviewing our procedures and offering so we exceed our guest’s expectations
Let’s hope we can see you again soon and please do try to bring Sharon and Steve back with you as well

Reviewed 15 March 2012

My husband and i just spent one week at. The Evason Ana Mandara at Nha Trang, we loved it. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with a refreshing sorbet and cold towel and were left to relax while the checking in was being done. We were shown into our villa in a beautiful kept tropical garden, the rooms are very welcoming, lots of very special and detaiiled information, complimentary water bottles twice a day etc . We loved the bsthroom. The bathtub/jacuzzi was outside, yet private.
The a la carte restaurantand breakfast were very good as was the bbq selection.
One of. Our davourite desserts was the chocolat moelleux, was indeed moelleux.!
We tried the Spa treatmenrs and had a full package with Vietnamese massage. We enjoyed it.
The service is exellent annd a thestaff is ver friendly. You will use xin chao very often.
The beach is large and well spread and you have one infinity pool and a smaller pool, still a nice size. The smaller pool has a bar and lovely, comfortable modern Parasol sitting area.

Wonderful.
This place is a little gem in Nha Trang

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear travelbugAmsterdam
Thank you for posting your review. I was delighted to read that you had such a great time with us. You certainly seemed to have enjoyed our facilities like the Spa and our outdoor bathroom as well as our restaurants. Our 600m of private beach and our 2 pools are also not to be missed you area absolutely right as the fact that yes we really are an oasis in the middle of Nha Trang
Let’s hope we can see you again soon

Reviewed 13 March 2012

My partner and I have just been back to the Anna Mandara Nha Trang and well what can I say:

The Food - EXCELLENT
The Rooms - EXCELLENT
The Team - EXCELLENT
The Spa - EXCELLENT and just “Heaven on Earth"

We were looked after like Royalty and every need catered for.

The Staff love working there and love every min of it. A great team has been put together to look after you every want. A number of the staff speaks many different languages witch was a great help for non English speaking guests.

The gardens and grounds and beach are just beautiful and looked after by another hand picked team. "Very Very Well Done"

This was our 4th visit back and NOT our last.

Do your self a favour and spend some time at this wonderful resort.

Michael J. Sabo
CRM Manager
Mercedes-Benz Melbourne

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We really enjoyed our 3 nights here it was great. The hotel is lovely, it has a private beach and our room was really good. But why only give 4 stars? I'm not comparing this with a value b&b down in a backstreet of Hanoi. This must be compared like for like and, although we don't 5 star our way around on holiday, we do end our holidays in a plush resort before heading home and back to work. This is our 3rd time in SE Asia and we have ended the 3 holidays in this manner - splashing out. Of the 3 we've stayed in I'd put this 3rd. In short, it didn't have the peace and tranquility of the others as the hotel is on a strip and has a private section of the beach, all other aspects were similar to the others apart from the price. I felt that it's overpriced. We had a top room (through free upgrade) so we could see what the money would get you. Its £400 a night for what we had so I bear that in mind with my review as that's big money for anyone.
We were greeted in style with the most refreshing drinks and zingy passion fruit ice cream, then told we were being upgraded to the suite with direct access straight out of our porch door onto the beach. Great room. Thanks for upgrade it really was a wonderful gesture. Relevant to previous reviews we did see a big rat scurry across our mini garden as we looked out for the first time (and on my last day I killed a massive cockroach in the bathroom). There are loads of little touches that made it special - incense in the room, a huge pillow selection a choice of toiletries and more.
The food each day was good but again it was very expensive - around 1.5 million dong a head. I loved eating on the beach and the views at night were lovely with rest of the bay lit up. We did a cooking class which was brilliant it was just the 2 of us with the chef for an hour and we were given our aprons to keep. And breakfast was the best. No question about that.
At the end of the stay my partner asked if I'd enjoyed it I said yes of course. She then asked if I'd pay £400 a night for it, that's a tough question but my answer would be no. For that money and less, you can get better in SE Asia.
I did get what I wanted though - luxury and I enjoyed it!

Dear TheMKTourist
Thank you for posting your review. Well a rather mixed one but a constructive one. Overall you had a very pleasant stay with us and you enjoyed our luxury set up, service, location, little touches….but find it difficult to pay for it. For Example 1.5 million VND is about $70 or 50 sterling for you and for that you can eat 5 star food (All you can eat sea food BBQ with Lobster) in 5 star location. It would have been nice to mention the other two places you refer to in your comment as yes SE Asia as a lot to offer at very different prices. Can I emphasize to reviewers that we have a very strict pest control in place being in the middle of 26 000 Sqm of tropical garden and looking back at previous review it is not a general concern. Thank you for mentioning one more time our famous breakfast and the service provided by our hosts, they are a real credit to our resort
Let’s hope we can see you again soon for another memorable stay

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Nha Trang is a brash , noisy beach resort with a large proportion of Russians who have direct flights here from Moscow.. This hotel provided an oasis of calm and greenery. Also the only hotel on the right side of the road for the beach and has its own area of the beach strictly patrolled . The rooms are all in garden bungalows with lush gardens all around and each is private. Everything you could ever want is in the lovely room from rain jackets, torches, umbrellas to a bag with "too wet to pack" on it. I got a cream gateaux and bottle of bubbly for my birthday even though I did not tell them.There are fish to feed in the lobby, 2 lovely pools, a tennis court with complimentary raquets to use, a gym well air conditioned - a new gym much bigger soon to be built. Cocktail party worth going to for free drinks, meeting other guests and fab dancing display of dragons. The hotel was 100% full but at no point would you be aware of that as staff so friendly and courteous always enquiring about you, no hold ups in restaurant for breakfast which is a veritable feast with superb coffee,and a very interesting juice called pennyworth which is green, foul tasting but very good for you. Staff always around to meet your every need. On the beach a very cheerful chap dispenses fruit and then ice cold flannels to keep you cool. The beach is lovely with stunning scenery.. All in all a truly memorable stay. . Snorkelling trip which we did not do with hotel was a big disappointment - very few fish to see compared with reefs elsewhere in world. Lanterns a good place to eat, other very typical Vietnamese restaurants we found the food just a tad too weird and staff not able to enlighten us in english.

2  Thank rubygertz

Dear rubygertz
Thank you for posting your very positive review. Delighted you had a very pleasant stay with us. It was a real pleasure to have you around. Yes with our unique location right on the beach and our 2.6 hectare of Tropical garden we really are an Oasis in the middle of Nha Trang. Thank you for mentioning our now famous breakfast and the service provided by our hosts, they are a real credit to our resort
Let’s hope we can see you again soon for another memorable stay

Reviewed 7 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here on our holiday to Vietnam and Cambodia. The hotel is located on the beachfront on the main boulevard in Nha Trang. Rooms are villa style and we chose a seaview villa. Rooms are clean, spacious and well equipped with rain shower and jacuzzi bath. They are looking a little dated in some areas, but are very comfortable nonetheless. I particularly liked the pillow menu with over a dozen choices.

Pool area was good and the day pods that take 2 people by the smaller pool / bar area were great.

We found the hotel restaurant lacked a bit of atmosphere, but there are good restaurants and bars within 5 minutes walk and Nha Trang is a short taxi away.

The impressive thing for me was highly visible management by GM Nicholas and this was in turn reflected by attentive, friendly and professional staff.

We really liked this hotel and would definitely return

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank FergusPatterson

Dear McCoist
Thank you for posting your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us our unique location in Nha Trang right on the beach and the service provided by our hosts. Thank you for mentioning my name. I believe that example start from the top so I do my best to contribute to a positive impact on the hospitality we provide
Thank you again and let’s hope we can see you again soon