US$118
  • Pool
Safran Hotel(Baku)(Great Value!)
US$44
US$33
Anatolia Hotel Baku(Baku)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$50
US$125
US$95
Trip.com
All reviewsold towngreat locationfountain squaremoney exchangeplace to stayreception staffroom was largebars and restaurantswifi is freeenjoyed our staywalking distanceroom servicevisit bakucomfortable bedmaiden towerrecommend this hotelcaspian sea
Reviewed June 1, 2018

Just returned from a business trip to Baku. The Shah Palace hotel is in a great location just inside the old city walls close to all the bars and restaurants. I arrived very late in the evening and was put in a room on the 4th floor which was great. However there was a very load humming noise which vibrated in the room, so I asked to change rooms which was done quickly. When I woke up in the morning and opened the curtains to find myself looking into the inner court with no outside view or any real natural light and fresh air. (So if staying ask for outside facing room) This apart the hotel is good and the staff are great. Breakfast for me could be improved with little choice for a westerner.
I did ask for a wake up call and taxi at 05.30 when leaving the night before but this must not have been noted as I did not get a call and the guy on reception did not know about my request for the hotel shuttle to the airport, luckily this was resolved and I had my own alarm, so don't rely on the hotel! All in all a good place to stay in Baku and I will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for outside facing room
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Darren C
Reviewed May 29, 2018

We loved this hotel! It was in a PERFECT location right in the Old City, but close enough to walk to Fountain Square and the Bulvar. The hotel was clean, had a wonderful and plentiful breakfast, fast and free Wifi, very friendly and helpful staff, and the room was large. We had seen complaints of the noise (and I am very sensitive to that), but we didn't have any issues. Just make sure the windows are closed.

Overall, I would highly suggest the Shah Palace and Baku as well! Both exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank natter1327
Reviewed May 26, 2018

Our first visit to the Shah Place was April 24 to 26, 2018. We actually paid for the 23rd as well since our arrival from the United States was at 6 a.m. and we wanted to check in immediately to get some rest. We were shown to a large room that was 80 degrees and no outside window. The only window was on a walkway in an interior atrium. which was also over heated. We asked for a different room only to discover that others were worse--one was very small looking onto an interior airshaft with cigarette butts. There was no air conditioning available since the hotel is on a central heating system and it had not been turned on. Our understanding was the a/c would be turned on when we returned in May on our way home. We arrived very late on May 24th. We were shown to a room up the elevator, down a hall, up a flight of stairs, down another hall and up another flight to a very small room with an outside window facing a delivery alley. The air conditioning made so much noise we could not sleep. We changed rooms the following morning and I believe we got one of the best rooms in the hotel. Many of the rooms have a window on the atrium side which means people are walking by and you have to leave your blinds closed all the time. The newer rooms in the back are very small and difficult to find and maneuver luggage. Getting an acceptable room is pure chance. In summary, don't stay at Shah Palace.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank GinnyAtSkiPC
Reviewed May 18, 2018 via mobile

I only visited the restaurant without being a guest in the hotel.
The terrace is a pretty good place to eat and to watch people. The waiters are very nice and caring - they do a really great job, but sometimes need to call a colleague who speaks English. WiFi is free. The location is good with the restaurant being inside the old town.
The menu offers a wide range of different dishes at very good prices. My dinner (chicken meat balls in pomegranate sauce with rice) was very delicious, tasted much better than it looked.
Highly recommended!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed May 16, 2018

Hi,

We always stay in this hotel.This is one of our fav hotel due to place as its in old city and due to the staff behavior.

Staff is very friendly and sweet. We always recommend this to our family and friends.

Also, we go every other month and we are staying in this hotel :)

Stayed: May 2018