Lowest prices for your stay
US$42
View deal
US$42
View deal
No prepayment needed
PricelineUS$47
Hotels.comUS$52
TravelocityUS$52
All reviews breakfast buffet dhaka security mr gym services
Selected filters
Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for work in Dhaka. Hotel is good with a good location.. ask for Mr Monawar there for any help ..he was especially helpful and made my stay very comfortable and convenient ..will visit again

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2019

We certainly didn't expect luxury in Bangladesh, especially while reserving a hotel for a budget rate. What a pleasant surprise! This hotel is EXCELLENT, great service, a beautiful large and very comfortable room, excellent bathroom, excellent restaurant, excellent all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast, excellent location. We really loved it there!

We were provided a pickup from the airport as well as transfer to the airport for $20 each way. As we inquired with local residents, it was a very reasonable price. In both cases we had a driver and a hotel representative escorting us as if we were VIPs. Wow!

Highly recommended!

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2019

Amid the traffic, the chaos, the noise and the excitement of Dhaka, Asia Hotel & Resorts is an oasis of peace and quiet, up a little lane in Topkhana Road, Dhaka.
It’s a surprise. Modern, smart and friendly, this hotel has all I needed for a good base for exploring old Dhaka. And I always find the staff intelligent in their advice, and helpful with good idea. I love this hotel And the especially the food. It’s great coming down to breakfast each morning!
I’ve been to the hotel twice recently and will return as soon as possible later this year.

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

I stayed 6 days at this 3 star hotel with a friend in 2 separate rooms. I wish I never had. Here's why:

1. Rooms. We had booked standard rooms. Booking.com mentioned that the rooms were fitted either with a bathtub or a shower. Upon chech-in, we were both assigned a room with a 1 star like shower i.e. with no separation with the rest of the bathroom so that it would be flooded every time we showered. We therefore both asked for another room and were told that all standard rooms had the same shower. Therefore the room description on Booking.com was misleading. In similar circumstances, any hotel in the world would have provided a free upgrade -not Asia. They asked for US$ 30 extra a night per room for what they called a suite. In fact the so-called suite was a more spacious room -at best a junior suite, but definetely not a suite. We finally negotiated down the upgrade price at US$ 15 a night.

2. Room condition. My room was in a miserable condition: cigarette burns on the wooden wall panels of which pieces had been torn off, bathroom tiling broken, bathroom tap not working, water leaking on the floor. I immediately asked for those issues to be fixed. It took 5 days for them to change the tap and the leaking issue was never fixed -and neitherl was the wooden wall panel. In my friend's room, the toilet didn't flush properly. Despite reporting the issue on day 1, this was never fixed.

3. Facilities. There are 2 lifts in the hotel, one of which was out of order during more than half of our stay. We sometimes had to wait up to 5 minutes before being able to use the sole working lift. For some strange reason, they took off the carpet from the floor of the operating lift so that it looked like some kind of industrial hoist load. As mentioned earlier, maintenance was once more ineffective. Housekeeping was not much better: depending on days, a towel or a bottle was missing or parts of the room or the bathroom were ignored during the cleaning process. Besides, A/C was never switched on either at reception or in the breakfast room which were unpleasantly warm, so that I needed to ask the staff to turn on A/C each time I entered either areas.

4. Breakfast. The majority of the guests are Bangladeshi and the food is intended for them. Westerners only have toast, pancakes and eggs to eat. On the first day, I asked for a runny omelet an my friend asked for fried eggs sunny side up. My omelet was served overcooked and my friend's eggs were fried on both sides! On day 2, I cooked the eggs myself in front of the chef, so as to show him what should be done. He said that from then on, we would get our eggs cooked to our liking. On day 3, eggs were served as on day 1!!! We returned them and they ended up cooking them properly from then on.. after 3 days!!! Then, both of us only drink espresso -we hate Nescafé or American coffee. It took anything between 20 and 25 minutes for us to get our espressos at breakfast and we needed to ask several times for them.

In short, this hotel which was built 3 years ago looks as if it is 10+ years old. Staff are hopeless, most of them don't understand English though they pretend they do. Maintenance, housekeeping and the F&B staff are improperly trained and under perform. The manager himself recognised that the hotel faced a number of issues.

I would never stay at this supposedly 3 star hotel again, all the more it is quite expensive and guest satisfaction is not part of their vocabulary...

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank FrenchTraveller001
Reviewed December 23, 2018

Well located in center of the city, and fairly quiet for Dhaka.
Staff is very helpful and friendly.
A god alternative to big chain hotels.

Place offers all expected amenities, wifi, restauant on site, spa, laundry service, airport transfer...
Rooms could be a little cleaner.

Room tip: Small rooms are really small
Date of stay: December 2018