“Great local food, budget price, fun experience”
Review of Tamu Selera

Tamu Selera
Reviewed December 31, 2017

I ate here the first night I arrived as it is close to the Capital Residence Suites hotel. I was nervous because it's essentially food stalls with covered outdoor seating but I had a wonderful meal of chicken sambal. It poured rain while I was there but there is covered seating. The lady at my food stall was very nice and had a menu in English. I liked it so much I ate here again later. I was the only westerner and it was a great local experience.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed May 9, 2017

For those looking for Ayam Penyet fix...u gotta visit Stall #7 (my best) which is a row tucked behind Tamu selera; not in the main walkway.

Just ask around...Ayam penyat area~..whole stretch sells ayam penyet. But do go for stall number 7~!
Whole place looks run down and etc; but yea...best ayam penyet in Brunei for me

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank mynature_kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2017

We stayed at Capital Residence Suites(recommend it!) and this place is in close walking distance. Great choice for dinner if you want local food, budget meal and don't mind sitting outside. We especially liked the Tahu Isi (fried bean curd stuffed with veggies, served with sauce) from stall 4 and the BBQ grilled chicken at stall G-26. We had also tried the night market closer to airport (which is more like a school food fair with stalls where u get the food to go or eat picnic style). This place is more like an outdoor food court where restaurants are set up right next to each other for covered yet outdoor dining. I would go again.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 24, 2017

Food was very nice.
Feeing hungry for seafood, but on budget. This a the place.
Variety of seafood platter to choose from

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed February 12, 2017

old style foodcourt, outdoor style and not for the fussy type of people. nice, budget food. inside town area.

Date of visit: February 2017