“Good seafood restaurant”

Pondok Sari Wangi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2018

Pondok Seri is a household name in the Brunei food scene and now has a few branches. The JP branch is the largest and got a lot more choices in the menu, literally hundred of choices of Indonesian, Malay and Western dishes. But bottom line this is a good place at reasonable rate for seafood lovers. Our favourites are the fried crab with salted eggs and ikan bakar seri wangi or ikan bakar sunda.

Reviewed December 10, 2017

We ate here on business. We all had seafood mains with piles of Indonesian noodles or rice. the rise was liberally mixed with vegetables and chicken. it was very filling and tasted good. Seven of us cost about $120 - although the lack of any alcohol will always make bills seem cheap!

Reviewed September 6, 2017

This review is for the Jerudong Park branch.

After reading so many unflattering reviews, I was in 2 minds whether to proceed with the dinner booking at the PSW JP. In the end, I decided to give the restaurant a chance. This branch serves fresh seafood i.e. fish from tanks. We were a big group approx. 15 people and I had pre-ordered all the dishes beforehand to avoid long waiting time. The highlight was the seabass in supreme soy sauce and the prawns in signature sauce. Service could be lapsed at times but overall, everyone enjoyed the dinner and it was a success.

Reviewed July 28, 2017

Visited Jerudong branch during Ramadhan. There's 5 of us. Buffet not refill, food tastes too sweet, they might want to cater for Muslim customer only to suit their taste. Service was weird, need to raise the hand for quite long only the waiter/waitress will actually serve us, for customer side, they pretend didn't see us as actually, we did eye contact for few of them.

With the price to pay for, overall food and service were yuck.

Reviewed May 25, 2017 via mobile

I have visited with my local friends for Ayam Penyet. There was several kinds of penyet dishes available so i called one grilled chicken dish which one of my friend recommended. 20 minutes later, the staff came to me and told me that the dish is not available. There were not many customers at that time. Plus how come the kitchen staffs didn't know the dish is not available when they received my order. I felt ridiculous but the staff (she looked like a manager or some sort of higher position waitress) didnt even bother to say sorry. I cancelled the dish because I lost my appetite and also was totally disappointed.
But funny thing after, suddenly the dish I ordered came out. I was like what is going on. And the staff served the dish just throwing like whatever it is not her business. I saw so many positive reviews for this restaurant but what I have experienced in this restaurant was the worst in Brunei. Not sure about other branches but was full package of bad experience at the branch I've visited.

2  Thank juliajolly