“Decent local restaurant”
Review of Singa Chicken Rice

Singa Chicken Rice
Reviewed January 14, 2017 via mobile

This place is a pretty decent local restaurant. The prices are also reasonable. I asked for water and they gave me hot water?? maybe a brunei thing, not sure.

Reviewed November 7, 2016

We had dinner here and were happy with the food. We had noodles, chicken/rice and squid. Food was served promptly, hot, fresh and tasted good. There is a broad variety of cuisine on the menu, I'm not sure that it is authentic Singaporean food however. Atmosphere is cafeteria style, not fancy but no different to most other budget priced restaurants in the downtown area of Bandar Seri Begawan. Most main meals are around $5-$7, making it good value too.

Reviewed October 29, 2016 via mobile

Unassuming restaurant but worth the visit for lunch/ casual dinner.

Generous hearty portions, incredibly delicious food at honest prices. We recommend the butter milk chicken .

Reviewed April 9, 2016

My friend and I arrived back to the city centre late and there are not many options around the place we stayed. We therefore went into this restaurant as there are still a few people there. My friend ordered a Butter Milk Sambal (chicken) while I stick to kway teow. The chicken is no different from those you can get in KFC and I don't think the sauce is Singaporean. My kway teow is all right but I think it's a bit pricey and you can definitely find similar things cheaper nearby. Try to explore somewhere else if you have time I would say.

1  Thank Augustine H
Reviewed January 23, 2016

Chicken rice tastes ordinary. Chicken sauce is too thin and liquidy. Sometimes, they only give you chicken back which has more bones than meat. Soup is almost tasteless. To me this restaurant is not a chicken rice specialist so Singa Chicken Rice does not live up to its name.