See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 29, 2014 via mobile

The place is much further from attractions than I expected. It does not present well from the street. The lobby is dirty with dusty light fittings and front desk. The room was barely OK. The beds and pillows are like rocks and the linen old and tatty. The padded head board was revolting-Stained and dirty. There was rubbish left behind from previous guest. The best thing I can say is the air cond worked and the shower was hot.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2011

I have stayed here 3 times. I have always felt safe and the employees are fantastic. Do not expect luxury. This a basic hotel with fantastic furniture in the lobby. Free internet service is also a plus.The breakfast with tea is outstanding. The service has always been very courteous.For the price, I think this is great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank notmuchifnotDutch
Reviewed July 2, 2010

First: the are two Comfort Star Hotels in Phnom Penh. My review refers to the Comfort Star 2, at #27 St. 200, SangkatPhat Tmey 111.

I stayed here twice over the past two months, and I have a third stay reserved in August. This is not the kind of hotel where you will find fancy soaps or a swimming pool, but it is comfortable, clean, and remarkably reasonably priced. My room rate included room with two double beds, good air conditioning, unlimited wireless or LAN internet, airport pickup and drop-off, and two items of laundry per day. The total price was less than I had paid for laundry and internet access alone at a more upmarket hotel.

The restaurant, room, and hotel were spotless, but the restaurant menu is somewhat limited, especially for breakfast. The were no standard western breakfast menu items; I love Asian foods, but I prefer a western-style breakfast.

The hotel is centrally located, although there most of the usual Phnom Penh destinations are a short (and cheap) tuk-tuk ride rather than a walk away.

I highly recommend this place. I stayed here for a third or a quarter of the price I have paid at more upmarket hotels, and had to make few sacrifices for this.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
7  Thank Donald R
Reviewed July 2, 2010

On my business trip to Phnom Penh I stayed in this hotel, the rooms of the hotel are really large but not very well kept, the staff was friendly , but I really had issues getting good food as the restaurant was quite bad and nothing seems hygienic or good to eat, for internet they have two computers in lobby but most of time they do not work. From location perspective not near the key tourist centers of Phnom Pehn but as such its a small place and reaching any place does not take very long time

For good food you can go to Srivatlanka ( i am not sure I am spelling it correctly ) you can find nice eating joints in that area

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank sachintravelling
Reviewed January 21, 2010

We stayed here one night before visiting friends in Phnom Penh. We picked this place because it was close to our destination (south of the center city) (the Anise Hotel, which had been recommended to us, was already booked). We stayed in one of their standard rooms, which was very large but felt a bit vacant due to there being no pictures on the wall and difficult to cover such a large room with furniture (not a big deal of course, but some prints would have greatly helped with this). I also did not appreciate the way that all the windows have metal bars preventing egress in case of fire (seems like many places around Phnom Penh have this unfortunately). The wifi was free, but kind of choppy and may need to be accessed from the lobby due to signal strength. I would recommend this hotel if you are desiring to stay in this specific area, have no issues with stairs (they have an elevator but you have to walk up three stairs to get to it), and fire is not a concern (at least the structure seems to be mostly concrete).

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple