“A very nice stay at River 108”

River 108 Boutique Hotel
Ranked #30 of 333 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Have just spent two nights at River 108, with two cats needing an operation in Phnom Penh. Beautiful room, tasteful decoration, a large balcony with trees and flowers as the scenery... What impressed me the most however was the kindness and efficiency of the staff. I needed several arrangements to be made in a timely manner, and they delivered, with always a big smile. I will stay there again with pleasure. With or without the cats!

Room Tip: Room 10 on second floor! Spacious, large balcony, beautiful view on trees and flowers.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Josette V
There are newer reviews for River 108 Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 13 July 2012 via mobile

Not much to complain about the room; it's just not as special as expected.
Well located (bus to siam reap 50m away, just at the night market and at the river where all the night live happens)
Friendly staff.

Rooms and hotel itself are nothing special in my view, pictures look better than reality. I'd only go again if the room would be 20-30% cheaper.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel was not quite what we expected, it is quite expensive co mpared with other similar hotels in Phnom Penh and I don't thing it merited this. The hotel is central which is great, but noisy if you are there over a weekend as it is directly opposite the night market. We had a front room with a lovely large balcony but it was very noisy until the market ended. I was not very keen on having to exit the hotel and go next door but two for breakfast at the neighbouring cafe/ bar.

I would not return there but to another hotel where we stayed at the start of our trip to CMbodia

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We booked into the River 108 Boutique Hotel for one before our planned bus ride to Siem Reap. I chose the location because it was close to the bus companies, night market and river front.

I will say that the room itself was decent but in my opinion overpriced. We paid $65.68 for a one night stay. After doing some further research, I located a number of other hotels in the area that were priced more appropriately.

The primary reason for my distaste with this establishment is that after we had decided to spend a second night with them, they decided to see if they could get an extra $20 out of us to line their pockets. I simply said "Not a chance" and that we would be walking down the street and booking into another hotel. Seems they saw it my way and decided to honor the price published on hotels.com.

We stayed at this hotel on March 9th and 10th. The young man at the desk was professional and helpful and I got the sense he was being directed by an older man also working that night. After I refused to pay the additional $20, the young man went to talk with this older fellow who apparently decided he better back off.

My suggestion? Shop around. There are plenty of hotels on the riverfront. River 108 is decent but having travelled in this part of the world more than once, the accomodations are not reflective of the higher price.

Room Tip: There is a nightclub directly next to the hotel so loud music with deep bass can be a problem. It di...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank riz513ca
Reviewed 14 April 2012

this hotel is strategically located beside the PP's night market, just make sure you book here on weekends if you want to catch the nigh market. it is also located at the middle of the long stretch of bars and pubs along the river so if you are the drunkard type, you'll also love this place. anyway, we got river view rooms and we booked on a monday so it was a little bit quiet when we stayed here. the rooms were huge but the bathroom were a little small for me and i am not a big guy. i haven't seen any elevators but luckily we just stayed at the 2nd floor.

Room Tip: book on weekends to catch the night market
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank reddefinition
Reviewed 8 April 2012

River 108 is a beautiful hotel. The staffs are very professional, friendly and helpful. The room is nicely decorated, cleaned, and spacious with large bathroom. The hotel is located across the street from the river and with walking distance to restaurants. We could not have booked a better. A truely nice hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Srey_24
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We havd a three night stopover in Phnom Penh, and found tis to be a great little place: brilliant location, and the most friendly, welcoming staff.
Rooms were nicely decorated, had great air con, and free, fast wifi. Good shower, and beautifully serviced each day,
The 'Fish' restaurant attached served a good breakfast, and great coffee!
Had no issue with noise as 'pyjama addict' had - but we did so much each day, we were all too tired to hear anything!
Great place: hope to visit again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends