See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 8, 2016

I spent 2 nights here, with a tour group. The hotel caters mainly to Asian groups. First, let's talk about the rooms. I got a room facing the river - you can enjoy a beautiful sun rise from the balcony. The room is standard. However, the bathroom... the shower was clogged up, gross. The toothpaste and toothbrush wrapper from the previous resident was left by the toilet. So it made me wonder whether the other items (e.g. towels, bedding) were clean also. Third, there were no eggs for breakfast! There weren't much to choose from - porridge, fruits, soup noodles, bread, and eggs if they have it.

Room Tip: Riverside room
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Chris01012012, General Manager at Blue River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2016

Dear jq236

Warm greetings from Blue River Hotel, Phnom Penh Cambodia

Foremost many thanks for posting this review on Trip Advisor and for allowing fellow travelers to read about your journey to Phnom Penh.

It has been a true delight to host you at the property and we are understand your comments,

I have taken good notes of your comment regarding the room cleanliness and our breakfast items, our operating team is already working on various solution to improve the current situation.

Meanwhile I would like to thank you again for spent your values times to review and give a values comment to us and look forward to welcoming you back Cambodia to allow us to treat you better.

Warmest regards,
Chhem Sophal (Chris)

Reviewed December 6, 2016

Excellent staff friendly and helpfully.

i'm spend time with my family .we got a good memory .staff warm welcome smile and we feel like our home they always greeting us by name so friendly ,Room clean comfortable bed and good price .

Room Tip: standard room
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vireakbot
Reviewed September 1, 2015 via mobile

Not only is so far away from downtown, but the people in the hotel barely speak english so it is very difficult to get any information. The breakfast that is included is so poor. The same every day. The bathrooms are terribly finished and they do not even turn on the lights in the lobby. I wouldn't recommend to stay in this hotel.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Marcela P
Reviewed March 7, 2015 via mobile

Good low cost 4 star hotel. Too far from airport. Excellent view from riverside open rooms. Lot of choices in morning complementary brakefast. Poor room service. Hotel staff is courtious but very little English speaking knowledge. Daily needs items are expensive in hotel premise shop.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Rakesh S
Reviewed January 14, 2015

My mother-in-law booked this for us while we stayed in Phnom Pen. I think our expectations were a bit high based on some pictures we had seen on the internet and some other things. We stayed three nights and the hotel was basically very quiet the first two nights. I would guess no more than 15 rooms had guests. No big deal for us, except that they basically had all the lights off in the place. I am guessing that was to conserve electricity and save money? Whatever the reason, it made the place feel quite dingy. This added to the obviously aging facility was a bit of a bummer.

The last night they had a large Chinese group arrive. That made the place liven up a bit. But, we were all woken up early with guests in the hallway at 5:30am talking loudly and laughing. The food was basically Asian only. There was little for us westerners outside of some French bread. The staff spoke very little English, though thankfully we had a local friend with us a few times that was able to help. The swimming pool was not much of a pool. The kids got in, but not overly enjoyable.

Thankfully our main purpose was to see the sights in Phnom Penh. This hotel suited us just fine for that purpose. I would recommend that Westerners try to find another hotel that can fit better in regards to language needs and dining needs. Others may find this to be just fine, especially if you will be spending most of your time outside the hotel. The upside was that it was very inexpensive.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family