See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 19, 2017

I was staying in a dorm for a few nights for a very affordable and reasonable price. The room and the toilet were clean, no complaints. There is a bar downstairs which can get quiet loud until 12 am but you can't hear the music once you're upstairs. The drinks and the food are good and not that expensive. The service was great, especially the staff. They were extremely friendly and very helpful. Great place for backpackers and those who love to party. Would totally come back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Elisa D
Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

Although it's definitely a party hostel (the music is cranked up and the Disco lights turned on regardless of whether any one is partying). When I was here in the low season it was pretty chilled, the dorms cost $5 a night with a locker(leave a key deposit) and fans and plugs nearby each bed. The bathroom is in the dorm so if it's busy that might be a problem. There's a cozy communal area and a balcony where you can order/bring food. The highlight however is the included ACTUAL coffee in the morning, (not nescafe 3 in 1 for once) with milk if u want as well. I wasn't in phnom penh or Cambodia long so maybe that's more common here, but with some street doughnuts on the balcony you've got a great breakfast almost for free.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
bluedogfamily, Manager at Blue Dog Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2017

Hi Rob, thank you so much! Where happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you come back soon. We are the locals favorite spot for the weekend and it can get loud sometimes sorry. We are a cozy humble place that makes good coffee and would love you have you back again.

Peace and love from everyone at Blue Dog x.

Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

That's about the only good thing I can say about this place. It's clearly a party hostel, but it's so party that you can't sleep because it's so loud. There is a bar downstairs which is weird and quiet with strange music and upstairs people sit and do drugs (weed and balloons as far as we could see). So as you're going to sleep you can here people breathing in laughing gas.. charming. The staff were unfriendly and not welcoming. The room was ok - it had good hooks to hang your stuff on, the shower leaked, the window was under the stairwell so provided no natural light. Pretty awful really. I wouldn't recommend it, but if drugs and partying are your thing then maybe, but even then I think other party hostels could be more friendly and welcoming.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

Been staying here for several nights. Rooms are clean and well maintained daily. Staff are super friendly - ask for Srey Neang who went out of her way to ensure I had a room and location that really suited me. Great family atmosphere amongst staff that extends to guests- active bar with 'Cambodian' draft@ $0.75! And wait....reliable/fast wifi......a must on our travels.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Hi Dear !
Sorry for late reply , and thank you for your best recommend for Here ,
Exactly we always provided a cheap price food and drinks to customer ,
Have a great time.
Bluebdog team

Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

I have been at the Blue Dog for 4nights with my friends while we were waiting the visa to move to Vietnam. The best hostel I've been so far travelling South East Asia: clean, tidy, cheap, staff absolutely nice, polite and professional. Very good and cheap breakfast. Cool atmosphere and music at night. I highly recommend the place!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ylvia

Hi Dear !
Thank you so much for your value time to writing on review,
We are welcome , we hope you will coming Here again , please Have a great time and enjoy .
Blue dog team !