“Building Work”

Lux Riverside Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #85 of 272 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We visited in December and when we booked we asked for a quiet room. The staff encouraged us to pay an extra $10 to get a really quiet room. We were woken the next day (Christmas day) by loud banging from the hotel's construction work. My husband was also awake most of the night with the sound of water gushing through pipes. we complained at reception and asked for the extra 10$ back as the room was not quiet. The hotel refused to give it back which left rather a bad taste in our mouths! I think we should have been told when booking that there were exptensive building work going on at the hotel. If we had known about it we would never have booked in to this hotel!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EnglandMoses
There are newer reviews for Lux Riverside Hotel & Apartments

Reviewed 11 December 2011

The hotel's pretty basic but I give this a four because its good value for money. The location is very convenient, by the river side. The room I had was spacious and clean, breakfast was adequate, not outstanding but for $45/night for double room with breakfast included, can't complain.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank catesoo
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in December. Booked when we got here as we arrived late. I was a bit worried that the room would be noisy as it is on bar street in Phnom Penh but on the first night we were given a room in the centre of the hotel so it was very quiet (there was no windows in the room but as the room was a decent size it didn't matter too much!), the next day we had to move to a different room as they needed the twin room, this time we were in the older section. This room was a lot smaller and had a window but was not too noisy either - thankfully. The rate included buffet breakfast and there was a good variety of choice available. Location is good as you can walk everywhere. I woud stay in this hotel again but would ask for one of the newer rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms that are not noisy!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I Have enjoyed Lux riverside on many occasions. If you wish to stay in riverside area this one is a must. Its brand new, and quality is close to a four star hotel in europe.
Take a deluxe room don't go for the cheaper one (they are old and rubbish).
Bed is really comfortable, bathroom is nicely fitted. Hot water, cold water. Absolutely clean everywhere.
You can't compare this hotel to other riverside hotels. I payed last time 45$ for 2pax.

Downside is that its many times fully booked if you are a walk in guest. But try your luck, its worth it!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank los_santos
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I was booked by the tour operator into the Lux Riverside as the originally planned hotel was sold out. A good choice. The Lux is relatively new, with a great location just steps from the riverside.
Rooms are large and comfortable, service is excellent. Breakfast is quite good (western breakfast only on the days I was there and the bacon was wonderful and excellent baguettes).
They do charge for internet in the room -- $5 for 10 hours (extended over your stay, just remember to log out when not using the connection).

Room Tip: Go for an interior corridor room to avoid street noise. You still have a window but it overlooks th...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 consecutive nights and a single night. The staff were very helpful, the lifts worked and there were 3 computers connected free to the internet. The unfortunate thing about the computers was that they had Internet Explorer 6 which is several versions back and were slow and sometimes unresponsive.

We had a double room which was comfortable with all you may require. There was an ensuite shower room.

Breakfast was on the ground floor and covered most tastes including some European food. The choice was wide and it was buffet style. For Cambodia in an average hotel it was good.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I stay here frequently, and although I've tried a number of other places, I prefer the Lux; I can get a room without a reservation, They know me, know my name, never make me pay up front and generally will go out of their way to make you feel well cared-for.

Room Tip: I've had issues with one room - 321. This is an inside room, and a cell phone dead zone for me.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family