right upon our arrival at the hotel i knew to have made the right choice. due to my brand new gold membership they upgraded our room to a luxury room, which was very spacious and came with free wifi
the hotel is located a bit down the road from the city centre, but is still an easy walking distance to the royal palace and offers great views of the river. this sofitel has managed very well to create a complete oasis. although the address is at a busy city street, the hotel is set apart from the street by a park, and the rooms/ balconies all have views to the river on the back of the building.
we specifically liked:
- the service, which is just meticulous everywhere in the hotel
- the excellent breakfast buffet – one of the very best i have come across. the selection was just marvelous and everything was delicious
- the swimming pool where we loved to take a dip after a long hot day of sightseeing
- the lovely scent all around the hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Hotel Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra is set riverside amongst landscaped gardens in the old quarter of the city, neighbouring the largest Mall in Cambodia, Aeon Mall. This stunning well located 12-storey colonial style hotel is close to key attractions, embassies and the central business district. Along with 201 luxurious rooms and suites with Mekong or Bassac river views, this 5-star hotel offers an array of chic restaurants and bars, an upscale spa, two swimming pools, a sports club and the finest conferencing facilities in Cambodia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline and ACCOR so you can book your Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra Hotel Phnom Penh