1,637 results
All reviews la coupole the executive lounge do forni le bar club millesime club room aeon mall lobby bar tuk tuk main restaurant beautiful hotel business trip breakfast buffet five star hotel colonial style rooms are spacious junior suite
Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

We were very happy with all aspects of our stay, couldn’t fault a thing. The hotel is like an oasis in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Phnom Penh. We’ll definitely be back and we’d highly recommend staying here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Charles-HenriChevet, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Dear KandL_S-2018,

Bonjour from the bustling city of Phnom Penh!

It truly is a delight to hear that your stay with us exceeded your expectations. As a luxury hotel, Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra offers only top-notch quality in all aspects. We strive for all our guests to indulge in our Magnifique experience. We glad that you are satisfied with all aspects at our property.

Thank you once again for your 5 star review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2018

I only stayed here one night but am already thinking about returning. Having stayed at one of this hotel's 5-star competitors here in Phnom Penh last August, I would say the Sofitel is far and away superior in all respects unless you absolutely have to be within walking distance of the U.S. Embassy. First of all, I would like to express my gratitude to several staff members who helped me resolve a huge problem upon my arrival. Due to jet lag, I carelessly left my carryon bag with my laptop in the baggage claim area at the airport. I didn't discover my mistake until the hotel's driver unloaded my other bags at the Sofitel and of course I panicked. While simultaneously arranging my check-in, the staff swung into action. Raphaele (manager at the reception desk) assured me that everything would be OK, and he worked with Vutha (at the concierge desk), who immediately called the airport to explain the situation. They then arranged for Sopharyth (the same driver who had brought me from the airport) to take me back on his next run to the airport. Within 5 minutes after we left, Vutha called us to report that my bag had been found. Once we got to the airport, Sopharyth did not just drop me off, but instead he very kindly explained to the security staff where I needed to go, and I was allowed to proceed. What could have been a disaster right at the start of my week-long work trip was resolved so smoothly thanks to the efforts of these and other staff members whose names I did not get. I would like to commend their superb hospitality!

My room was on the 4th floor facing the mall but I didn't hear one bit of noise from any source. The room was impeccable and beautifully decorated, and the public spaces were calm and inviting. I especially loved the Lanvin bath products (had never encountered that brand before). My colleagues and I enjoyed dinners at the Italian and Japanese restaurants, and the breakfast was second only to the Sofitel Jumeirah Beach's at the top of my list of hotel breakfasts (and if you add a honeycomb and chestnut jam to the buffet, it would be a tie!). Definitely try the Khmer noodles for breakfast - they were superb. I only wish I had more time to try the spa and lovely pool area. As lovely as the hotel is though, the staff are even better - no matter what question we had, it was quickly answered with a smile. Thanks so much for a great (although far too short) stay!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Ceollaigh

Dear Ceollaigh,

Warmest greetings from Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra,

It is such a privilege for us to receive a glowing and detailed review from you on our hotel facilities and hospitality.

We are glad that we could assist you getting back your carry-on bag. Our endeavor is not only to make your experience at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra a pleasant one, but to ensure that we go the extra mile. I will certainly pass on your kind words to Mr. Raphael, Mr. Vutha, and Mr. Sopharyth.

I am delighted as well that you enjoyed the Lanvin amenities in your room. Last but not least, thank you so much for highlighting our room facilities, culinary offerings at Do Forni and Hachi as well as our breakfast buffet at La Coupole. We hope for your next return, you will be able to stay longer with us and try out our award-winning So Spa and beautiful swimming pool.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon in Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Sunday brunch here is incredible. Everything you could wish for from cheese to sushi, delicious cuts of meat and the most amazing deserts. Votey was the sweetest server, and made sure our glasses never went empty. The best of food, service and ambience. The best Sunday treat!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Charles-HenriChevet, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Dear SarahSopakra,

Greetings from Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra,

We are delighted to read that our Sunday brunch exceeded your expectation. Our Sunday brunch at La Coupole is a lavish buffet of the finest in Asian & French cuisine.

With an endless spread of locally prepared dishes, fresh seafood such as oysters, live cooking stations, as well as optional free-flow Veuve Clicquot Champagne, it is sure to be a memorable experience together with friends and family!

Your kind comment on our hospitality will be shared amongst our team particularly Ms. Votey who made your brunch experience a pleasant one. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

Again, thank you so much and we all look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2018

Used to stay at the Interconti PP, but it has now become the grand Duke.The Sofitel is very slick, a genuine 5 star experience with very helpful & attentive staff.
As I am a little apprehensive eating street food here (you shouldn't drink the tapwater in PP regardless of what anyone says) I dined room service, and the Pizza was absolutely genuine Italian - superb ! As good as or better than in Italia !
It is next door to the largest shopping mall in Cambodia.
Downsides are distance to airport compared to old Interconti, and if you have a room facing the mall, it can be noisy.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Feendene,

Warmest greetings from Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra,

We would like to express our sincerest appreciation to you for your lovely review.

We are glad you did try out our culinary at Do Forni as it has received numerous positive reviews since its recent launch, digging deep into the roots of Italian cuisine and providing a gastronomically authentic dining experience that will definitely cater to your taste buds.

Indeed, our location is second to none because it is definitely convenience for guest to explore the city as we are in close vicinity to a large-scale shopping mall, government offices, embassies, major tourist attractions, and of course the charming riverfront.

Concerning the noise from the mall next-door, for your next return, we have noted your preference to be in a room away from the mall.

Again, thank you so much for your patronage and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Excellent and polite staff. Prompt redress all of any issues arising. Problem is there food. Me being from India and vegetarian, not much options left for me at buffet or ala carte. Best is that they should make arrangement for an Indian dish in the menu (except veg jalfraize).as a matter of fact a simple daal makhani will do world of good along with breads.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Saurabh S,

Warmest greetings from Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra,

We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our ambassadors and enjoyed your visit in our hotel.

We duly note your remark on the vegetarian food options. On your next visit we would be pleased to offer you vegetarian options as we do have an Indian chef who would be glad to prepare dishes for you.

We are grateful to you for informing us about your preference. It is feedback such as yours that enables us to adjust and better serve our guests and meet their satisfaction.

Thank you so much for your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.