Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum
from US$26.30
from US$58.00
from US$119.00
11,290 results
All reviews khmer rouge killing fields tuol sleng former high school audio guide blood stains barbed wire pol pot chum mey old school genocide museum cambodian history recent history sad place heart wrenching eye opening take your time
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I must place to visit. Its a sad museum of items and rememberance what happened at this school turned prison. Rows of recorded pictures of inmates and torture items. One of the few survivors signs his book at the tent area. From hotel a taxi will cost 5 - 10 $.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I stayed next to this place my whole trip in Phnom Penh and walked past it everyday. The horrors that happened here are just horrific.

You pay $8 to get in with audio guide, which yes it is a lot seeing as the places like this in Europe are free, however it is worth the money to find out more what happened here. Also if you think about it without the entrance fee it is not like Cambodia has much money to protect places like this unlike Europe that get it from the EU ect.

You can take your time and no-one there rushes you. I spent about 3 to 4 hours there, which is more than most but I wanted to take my time.

Upstairs of building C they have a place you can go and reflex what you have seen as well as a book room to read more and a movie you can watch.

Defiantly something I will never forget in a hurry and something everyone must do once to remind you of what we are capable of. Such a sad place.

Nor recommended for small children or the light hearted. I cried for about an hour after at my hotel.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Like Cheung Ek (Killing Fields), this is a Memorial. It is a profoundly sad and disturbing place. Some cannot view the entire site. It is also important to see, to realize the atrocities that occurred from 1975-1979 (MODERN ERA) while the rest of the world was unaware. I was greatly saddened but felt enlightened after leaving the site- to see the recovery of the few survivors of Tuol Sleng and to understand the resilency of these people to rebound after the HELL they suffered.
The audiotour is first class and well worth the money. See everything if you can. Check the movie schedule and try to catch those as well. Prepare to be moved.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful guide from Exo tours who took us to this place. The atrocities that took place here beggar belief and you leave wondering how any human being could commit such dreadful crimes against others. Although the tour was, by necessity, harrowing, it was excellently informative and we were fortunate enough to meet one of the survivors of the detention centre at the end. I would highly recommend this for anyone interested in Cambodian history and how these awful events have shaped modern Cambodia and the way they are moving forward from this.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We came early in the morning at 8.20 so it was relatively cool & not many people. You wander around with headphones doing a self guided tour and there is a highlights version or more detailed. You can sit out in the memorial area & listen or walk around looking at exhibits. This helped with our teenager daughter who at times was troubled by the torture instruments and such like so she could sit in the shade and listen.