“Amazing little place tucked away on a quiet street”

and 1 more site!
Queen Na Guest House
Ranked #22 of 327 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Hefei, China
“Amazing little place tucked away on a quiet street”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I had not heard of this guest house until actually staying there, and I am glad that I did! Brian and his wife are friendly and hospitable, and very accommodating. The building is beautiful and elegant with nice amenities and even a very clean pool, the patio of which receives a lot of sun during the day for you sunbathers out there. There were no mosquitoes (and I tend to attract them by the dozens) and the place is very clean and open. It is very easy to get around from there, since tuktuks are typically waiting right outside the door, as another reviewer stated.

It is very secure, with high walls and cameras and a security guard who seems to work 24 hours (he was always there to let me in and out, and was careful to see who rang before opening the door.) Traveling alone as a woman sometimes makes me nervous but I felt completely at ease here, and comfortable.

I would highly recommend this place to others as a comfortable and friendly place to stay, with high standards for cleanliness and service. The English breakfast was the only meal I had there, but the upstairs dining area has quite a charm, and the meal was great and very filling (I loved the crispy hashbrowns!) I only wish the cook had left the crust on the toast.

The bathrooms are equipped with hot water and a bathtub (which is awesome if you've been living in Asia for a while.) Also, the rooms have free wifi, a/c, a mini-fridge, and cable.

Lastly, the owners are very knowledgeable and can give advice about the area, and if it is something they don't know, they will go find the answer for you. They pointed me in the direction of Luigi's pizzeria just around the corner, which was delicious. (They even have antipastas in a deli-like display. Mmm.) Overall, I would highly recommend this place to others. It's not a cheap backpacker-type establishment, but it is definitely worth it.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1/A, which is next to the dining area and upstairs balcony, but the windows in the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank dswills

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I spent just over a week at Queen Na and always felt welcome and safe. Bryan and his staff are friendly and helpful and the amenities are good. I started in a large family room (2 very comfortable Queen beds and a single bed) which was spacious and very clean. Air conditioning worked a treat and the ensuite was fine, with a large bath. (However, it was at the back of the building and somewhat dark despite 2 lots of windows. The WIFI didn't work in that room, either, so I had to sit in a more communal dining room to access this.)

Once I moved into a smaller, lighter room closer to the front of the building, with a queen bed, spacious ensuite, and good WIFI reception, I was very happy. Only real issue was the TV reception - which was very distorted on Australia TV and all but a few channels. (Not a big deal if one is not a TV watcher...)

The pool is clean and refreshing, the breakfasts good, free use of the washing machine & a perfect location - very quiet but close to the hub of things. I had a very enjoyable stay here & would certainly recommend Queen Na for other travellers.

Room Tip: Towards the front. Back rooms may not have WIFI access.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Penny W
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My daughter, two colleagues and I spent just over a month at the Queen Na and had a great experience there. We arrived on election day so Phnom Penh was largely deserted and I was low on cash. Bryan was great about letting us settle in before asking for payment (I paid in several installments) and he cooked our breakfasts for a week before his cook came back from voting. The guesthouse is located on a quiet side street so has a peaceful ambiance in the middle of the city. Guests have access to the kitchen and washing machine and rooms include a min-fridge as well as flat screen TV. When our groceries wouldn't fit in the mini-fridge in our room, Bryan made space in another fridge for us. They put a bed in the closet (which had ample space for a queen bed) so our large room became a suite. The rooms and bathrooms are quite large which is nice for a long term stay. Breakfasts are also huge and the food is well prepared. We ended up asking for a special breakfast of just eggs and toast as the other options were quite a bit of food. My colleagues and I were working during the day and my 15-year-old daughter wasn't keen on tagging along all day so she spent afternoons alone at the hotel. I would not have been comfortable leaving her alone except for the safety features of the property and Bryan and Na's watchful eyes.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1. Keep the closet door closed or you can hear everything from the lobby and dining...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

During my stay, Bryan & Na, made me feel completely welcome and it was a case of 'our home is your home'. I had carte-Blanche access to the guest house's kitchen and laundry facilities. The room is spacious, clean and decorated with modern furniture and LED flat screen TV. The internet wifi speed is good and stable. Location is great, literally a quick Tuk-Tuk ride to the Riverside and central Phnom Penh. A gem of a place!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We based ourselves here on our recent trip to Cambodia, choosing to stay for 6 nights scattered over a three week period and found it to be a tranquil haven in a crazy city. The very clean room was large with a comfortable bed, lovely décor and the roomy en-suite bathroom contained a full-sized bath! The owner/manager was friendly, welcoming and extremely helpful. The efficient guard had a great smile and the cleaning lady was a gem. Tucked away in a quiet street, we found Queen Na to be accessible to the major attractions and we only had to step outside the gate to hail a tuk-tuk. We loved it here, thought it was great value for money and we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Heather H
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Bryan and Na make your Phnom Penh experience warm and relaxed. The guest house is perfectly located in a safe and central area, close to ATMs and restaurants, the rooms are large, clean and well equipped with a fridge, free wifi and cable. You can use the kitchen, washing machine or pool whenever you need. Nothing was too much trouble for the hosts (from scanning documents to hosting language lessons). I had a really nice stay and highly recommend it to someone looking for a home away from home!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank VerityJD
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 20 June 2013

If you are keen get away from the usual tourist hot spots then Queen Na is the place to stay. Located down a lovely quiet street this guesthouse is very secure, private and quiet. The rooms are very clean and a great size with comfortable beds, good wifi, cable TV, fridge and nice bathrooms. The pool is fabulous after a hot day out and about in Phnom Penh. The location is a quick 5 mins tuk tuk ride into the centre of Phnom Penh and an easy walk to BKK1 and the riverside. There are plenty of great cafes, very good international and local restaurants, interesting shops and local market all just a few mins walk from the guesthouse. The owners Brian and Na are the perfect hosts and can provide you with local knowledge, personal service and Western understanding.They are extremely friendly, helpful and will do all they can to help you enjoy your stay in Phnom Penh.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business