Rambutan Resort - Phnom Penh
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$176
White Mansion(Phnom Penh)
US$80
US$71
  • Breakfast included
G Mekong Hotel(Phnom Penh)
US$45
US$37
Agoda.com
All reviewsoutdoor bathtubthe penthousetuk tukpolished concrete floorsthe salt water poolsister propertyan oasispool area isrussian marketceiling fanboutique hotelnice poolbusy citystayed here for nightsthe hustle and bustlesmall hotelquiet street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed in the sister hotel in Siem Reap and found this one more modern. There was building work going on close by but didn’t disturb our visit or sleep. Enjoyed the balcony bath ! Although there is a lovely shower in the room.
It is lovely to have the pool and lots of people come to use it especially at the weekend they do reserve beds for customers.
Breakfast good choice. Staff pleasant and helpful advising where to go and how to get to museum on foot etc.
Drinks a little more expensive than the bars but ambience is good. Helped with booking our restaurants for us.
My only criticism is one or two staff asking my husband when his baby was due- he is a bit portly he wasn’t the only one as another guest said he was asked when his twins are due. He did brush it off but it is rather personal

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
worldtraveller062, Owner at Rambutan Resort - Phnom Penh, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Heather, Thanks for your kind words and very happy that you enjoyed our little gem.

I do have to say sorry for my staff. I am aware that sometimes Khmer boys can be very 'straighforward' in their comments on the looks of others. They do that amongst themselves, and sometimes to the guests. Although we explained many times that it is not perceived as polity to comment on the looks of others, it is a difficult item to change.

I really deeply apologise and will have s strong conversation about this with them. It is not acceptable to comment in that way and it is rude. I only can say that in their culture it is seen as 'funny' and a sign that they feel confident and close to you. I know that doenst help but its true, they do it from a perspective of wanting to be nice and friendly.

Again, you are totally right in your comments and I will use this also to show that it is not nice.

Please let me know when you come next time and I will make it up to you.

Thanks

Dirk de Graaff, owner.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After three nights, I could not fault Rambutan one iota. It's a gorgeous hotel - the rooms are spacious, the shower is hot and powerful, the design is beautiful and thoughtful (floating concrete beds with under-lighting and an outdoor bathtub on my own private patio). The staff are adorable and hugely helpful - they'll bend over backwards to make your stay hassle free. The pool is perfect - warm, secluded and shaded. You can even escape the PP traffic noise. A perfect location to explore, with excellent restaurants in walking distance. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear ASViney, It was great having you and glad that you enjoyed. Nice of you to mention the staff, they are my secret. They run the place and enjoy doing that. Thanks again and hope to see you again soon

dirk

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everything about my time at Rambutan was great and they couldn't do enough for me. From the emails before I arrived, to the airport pick-up and then the prompt check-in upon arrival.

The hotel is close to everything in Phnom-Penh, however is also secluded enough to be away from everything. The hotel has a great saltwater pool, breakfast is plentiful and a great selection on offer.

The hotel also have a selection of trusted tuk tuk drivers who are outside the hotel, they will take you most places in PP and only for $2. The hotel will also help with any recommendations, trips or anything really.

Definitely will stay here the next time I am in Phnom-Penh.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Dear Will, it was great having you and thanks for the nice words. just let the staff know whatever you want and if its legal, they try. Hope to see you again in the future.
Dirk

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Didn’t stay here but used their pool one lazy Sunday afternoon. No charge, providing you spend a minimum of $7.50/head on food and drink. Plenty of loungers, lovely pool and an extensive food and beverage menu. Everything we had was delicious. Service was friendly and attentive. Place could just do with a tidy up and an update. The loungers are showing their age, as are the umbrellas but it’s a nice enough place to escape the heat. They have a 9.3 accommodation rating, so we’re guessing this is a good option if you’re looking for a place to stay too.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Andrew, great to hear from you and yes, we love outside people in when its not too busy. We always keep enough chairs reserved for hotels guests though. We know that after the high season we have to do some paintings, but its been too busy till now. Its a constand struggle against the sun and rain but Ill assure you, in a few weeks it looks new!! Hope to see you again!!
Dirk

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 weeks whilst helping out at an NGO dental clinic. What a little gem of a place. All the rooms are nice with a/c and ceiling fans. The staff were all so friendly and helpful. Food is all delicious. It is popular for outsiders to come and spend time at the pool for a charge but it was never crowded. We liked it so much we are booked into the Rambutan in Siem Reap next week.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business