See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 29, 2017

Most Irish themed bars are depressing places - two Guinness mirrors and a picture of WB Yeats. This bar is different in that it is Irish owned and has the feel of a local in a small Irish town. This means of course that you are likely to be insulted but with a smile!! The staff and locals - and yes there are locals - are friendly and helpful. Beware though, it's not up to the same standard as Raffles which is a short tuk tuk ride away but it's an awful lot cheaper.

Room Tip: I did not stay here - just had a drink.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joe H
Reviewed October 25, 2016

Used this place several times and not been let down once. Always someone to chat to and Pat and his team are always on hand to introduce strangers to the regulars.

If you've had a heavy night I recommend the Irish stew!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Simon B
Reviewed October 8, 2016

On one of my rare trips to Phnom Penh, I stopped off at The Irish Place for refreshments, as you do. I met with Pat the authentic Irish owner and we swapped stories of growing up in Ireland, I thoroughly enjoyed the Angkor Draught Stout there, it's the nearest thing to Guinness in this neck of the woods. The bar was quite busy for a Thursday afternoon, lots of expats whiling away a sultry day in the city. I ordered the Stew from the menu, as the hunger got the better of me, it was delicious, hit the spot and helped me renew my appetite for more stout. All in all a very pleasant experience and I thoroughly enjoyed the banter. The Irish Place is well worth a visit when in Phnom Penh,

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank _tompowerelectrical
Reviewed December 11, 2015

The authenticity of an Irish pub is dictated not by the colour of the wood used in the décor or the origin of the Guinness sold over the counter, but by the hospitality of the bar staff and the lunacy of the clientele. In this respect, The Irish Place is the only proper Irish pub in Phnom Penh. The unmistakable lilt of the Dublin brogue hits you in the face as soon as you cross the threshold and just as you plonk yourself down on your bar stool, you find yourself immersed in whatever indecipherable conversation is doing the rounds. The Irish Place is as authentic as it gets and the Guinness is nice too.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank RonanSihanoukville
Reviewed August 3, 2015 via mobile

Great people here, the pub has it's own locals and they all help you out with the city and country as a whole.

Pat, the landlord, allowed me and my girl to hire his own personal motorcycle for 2 WHOLE weeks to tour the south west of the country. He gave us pointers on where to go and we set off.

The chef, Swifty, is a nice chap who cooks food to remind a weary traveller of home. He'll have a chat with you in the evening (or during the day) over a beer.

The accommodation is fine, during our stay (before and after the bike hire) we stayed in 2 different rooms. One was en suite and the other had a balcony facing the hustle and bustle of the street outside.

Great stay, better memories.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple