Book In Advance

from US$74.00
from US$26.30
from US$106.00
11,461 results
All reviews audio tour killing fields mass graves tuk tuk choeung ek khmer rouge bone fragments memorial stupa pol pot sad place own pace sobering experience cambodian history recent history small museum heart breaking heart wrenching
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Must visit. Entry is $6 and includes the audio guide which is a must as you will better understand what you're looking at.

Visit the small museum in the corner once you're finished walking around.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Its now a tranquil sad place to visit where such atrocious acts took place. A place to visit to understand the history. Large number of skulls in the one building with clothes of killed prisoners. Uncovered graves and bones. Very sad and sombre.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

After I spent the day before in S-21 by myself I asked a friend to come with me to the killing fields as I don't think I could have done it alone again.

It cost $6 to get in with audio and I recommend audio otherwise you would not know what was going on. We got a rickshaw using the PassApp and it cost $6 each way in total.

Be prepared to be shocked. You can see bones and cloth still sticking out of the ground. It is horrific. I really can't say more than that. But it is worth going because you need to see it to believe it yourself. So sad and glad I had someone there with me.

You can get tour buses but they seem expensive and you don't get much time so I would recommend getting the PassApp and going yourself and share the ride.

1  Thank lil_squishy1
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This is an extremely sad place to visit- but should be required of every adult. The documentation of the atrocities that occurred here during the Khmer Rouge regime, and the shear volume of people killed for no reason other than to maintain power. The audiotour is well done, reasonably priced and very complete and easy to use. The stories are heartbreaking and hard to imagine. But the pits, the pictures and the skeltal remains make it real. This is a very moving and well constructed Memorial to the innocent Cambodians who died there under Pol Pot.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

This is not an experience to be ‘enjoyed’ but the Cambodian people have constructed a thoughtful and meaningful memorial in a terrible place. We visited with two of our grown up children who were both stunned and horrified at the atrocities which they find hard to believe took place during the adult lifetime of their own parents. The audio tour was very well put together and informative and the atmosphere was peaceful and respected by all visitors. I would definitely not recommend a visit without the audio tour as you can take your time and sit to reflect on the stories you are listening to and the surroundings would be hard to understand without it. The stupa at the end of the tour is truly harrowing but should not be avoided.