We stayed at the Pavilion for two nights at the start of our holiday and were made really welcome by the friendly staff. Our room in the colonial villa was very comfortable and quiet. We enjoyed the pool area and the shady garden which helped us to get adjusted to the heat of Phnom Penh. The hotel is excellently placed for visiting the royal palace, exploring the local street activities, finding convenient restaurants and, in the evening, sharing the riverfront with the locals. The breakfast was great, served outside by the pool and cooked to order. Of particular note was the friendliness of the staff who were always helpful and friendly. Thoroughly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It all started when we fell in love with a hidden gem of French-Khmer architecture from the 1920s near Wat Botum, one of the most venerable and original pagodas in Phnom Penh. Renovation and remodeling were led with due respect for the character of a building which had been, as we learnt it later on, a private retreat for Queen Consort Sisowath Kossamak, the late King Sihanouk's mother. Opened on August, 18, 2006 with 10 rooms, The Pavilion has slowly expanded over the years, offering now 36 accommodations throughout three more period buildings that have been added to the property: "The New House", former residence of the chief veterinarian at the Royal Palace; "The New Villa", formerly the private residence of a Cambodian senator, and "The Sun-Pool Villa", our latest addition which used to be lodgings for diplomats based in Phnom Penh. Each one has its own style and atmosphere, with distinctive architectural features such as an elaborate wooden stairway, intricate iron wrought railings, etc… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Agoda, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Phnom Penh