See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My GF and I had just spend a week in cambodia.
Our two last nights in Phnom penh were spent at the Frangipani villa 90s hotel.
1/ the area is not safe. Maybe not dangerous, but one club and one "karaoke with hostesses" just next door make the neighboring quite unsecure.. the tuk tuk driver on the streets at night are quite agressive, one even disrespecting at my GF....
2/ the hotel : honestly, it's a nice hotel. The room are really nice and neat. Wi fi is working really well. It's quite far from anything though, and a tuk tuk ride is necessary, whatever u wanna do/visit. The breakfast is a real disapointment. For the rest, as i said, room were nice and the staff was willing to help, whatever your request is.

I believe there is way better value for money in Phnom penh... next time, i'll make sure to go to a real khmer family run place...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kuala h
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is a mixed review for the Frangipani Villa 90. The hotel itself is fine, the room was clean (although the bathroom could use some upgrading) and the included breakfast was very good. The location is reasonably quiet for Phnom Penh, and the courtyard area is pleasant. However, we had reservation problems with both of our stays here. On our first stay they actually moved us to a completely different hotel, and didn’t tell us about this until we were in the taxi from the airport. We specifically chose Frangipani because it was only two blocks from our daughter’s apartment, so staying at a hotel two km away was a huge inconvenience. On our second trip through Phnom Penh we had specifically reserved the studio room with the private rooftop terrace and were instead put into a ground floor room. Although this was technically a $10 upgrade (from a studio to a “suite”) we were actually looking forward to the private terrace, so it was a disappointment. Bottom line: The hotel itself is nice. However there's absolutely no guarantee you’ll be staying in the room you booked – or even at this hotel at all. You need to make sure you’re okay with that prior to making a reservation. I’d give them a “very good” for the hotel, but minus two points for their mishandling of our reservations and their general lack of responsiveness.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2012

A really welcome find in PNH and nice to return again. It's good to be out of the middle of the city but it is not far to get to anywhere by tuktuk or motorbike. Adjacent building work meant it was a little noisy but everywhere in that city is noisy, and this was only a minor issue here. Overall it is excellent value and very welcoming, with great staff. Modern architecture in the rooms is surprising and so much bare concrete in the common areas tends to amplify the noise of other guests, but the rooms themselves are very comfortable and well equipped. Good wifi which was necessary for a business trip. No swimming pool, but given a voucher for another hotel's pool. Will definitely return on my next visit to Cambodia.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the stairwell, and at the back are probably quieter
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The desk clerk seemed very uncertain of his tasks and had never seen a receipt from an online booking before, making me wait 10 minutes with a very brusque, suspicious manner before I was allowed to leave. His English was not good enough to be on reception. He did not offer to carry luggage and left my tuk tuk driver to do it all. The shower was cold. I was told I should have waited 15 minutes for it to warm. Aircon worked well, the room was clean and the sheets were clean. I was put in an outside room adjacent to a loud party venue, when there were plenty of other rooms available. I was denied an alternative room upon request. Not helpful. This room was quite expensive by PP standards so I expected better. Disappointing visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Pretty villa with a lovely ambience. Really value for money... Romantic surrounding, perfect for aquiet get-away from the noisy part of town.
Excellent wi-fi services, even in the rooms.
Staff may not understand much English but helpful.
All rooms are NON smoking.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends