Review Highlights
Watch the changing of the guard

Goose stepping guards who relieve their comrades every hour or so makes this a unique experience... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Roger G
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Statue in the Ala-too Square

We have many attraction in this square, the Erkindik statue is one of the things to see. Do not... read more

Reviewed June 18, 2018
Antonio B
Rio

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 8, 2016

It's opposite Ala Too-Square, so you can't avoid to see. I recommend to sit down at the side of Ala Too-Square on the bench left side view to direction railway-station. That's it. Summertime take a drink.

Reviewed August 21, 2016

For anyone visiting Bishkek Ala-Too Square is a must. Clearly Soviet in style it hosts the statue of Manas the Great and a flagstaff bearing the flag of Kyrgyzstan, which is the biggest flag I have ever seen.

Reviewed July 16, 2016

Stop and take in the grandeur of Soviet modernism. The plaza around this statue is grandiose and full of locals enjoying central Bishkek on the weekends.

Reviewed June 16, 2016

This place is a must in your album for Bishkek... a nice walk in the large part where you can see the status and forever flying Kyrgyzstan flag...

Reviewed June 16, 2016

It really is just a statue, nothing to write home about. I must confess I've seen a few statues in my lifetime so I've seen some pretty impressive ones, maybe this has tainted my view and if I were a statue virgin I would find this particular statue more interesting.
The Museum behind it is amazing so you'll have to pass it to go there.