All reviews yogurt superior room night market capital city stopover mekong wardrobe lao
Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in a pleasant location and quite.
The approach road is a muddy lane and not possible to walk without getting your feet dirty after rain. I understand from a letter left in the room ( April 2016 ) that this is a long term problem that they are trying to resolve with the authorities.
The hotel is in need of maintenance and some simple and cheap things could be done to improve the overall experience.
The room I was in had non functional bed side lights with dangerous connections. The first night I had to get out of bed and turn the room light off by the door navigating my way back to bed stubbing my toe in the process.
The bathroom could have done with a good paint.
Breakfast was mean spirited.
No umbrellas to loan.
The female receptionist was charming.
I n conclusion I wish them the best of luck and hope they start on a maintenance program soon as I notice from tripadvisor that some of the issues are longstanding.
This could be a jewel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
MandalaBoutiqueHotel, Manager at Mandala Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Dear Mr. Bob,

Good day!
First of, we thank you for your stay here in our hotel. Second, we are truly sorry that your stay was not a great one. Still, we appreciate your effort of telling us our weaknesses for us to be able to make some renovations here in our hotel. We are now in the process of rebuilding the beauty and charm of Mandala. We're looking forward to better business in the future and best of luck also to you and your family.
Again, thank you.

Reviewed July 3, 2017

The facilities were second to none. Clean, spacious, peaceful. The staff were warm and generous. Its location was close to very good restaurants and the many temples. I had spent time in Naples prior to my stopover in Vientiane and this place enabled me to really genuinely relax before returning to Australia. For my first experience in a South East Asian country I feel fortunate to have found this paradise set in beautiful gardens with a wonderful restaurant for delightful breakfasts. Thankyou Mandala

Room Tip: I had a suite with a large balcony overlooking the gardens - it was wonderful
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
MandalaBoutiqueHotel, Manager at Mandala Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2017

Hello Ms. Keenlouise,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of our hotel. We really appreciate that you've enjoyed your stay here. We hope to see you again next time. Have a great day ahead!

Reviewed May 12, 2017

The Mandala Hotel was kind and resourceful in accommodating our group from in and out of town for our one day with meeting in the Blu Restaurant.
The rooms were clean, quiet and well equipped with also my favourite asset while traveling, tea/coffee in the room.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear Ms. Suzette,

We're very glad that you've appreciated our hotel that much. We hope that you would still choose us the next time you visit Laos.

Again, thank you.

Reviewed May 3, 2017

The hotel is situated in a quiet street close to the Vientiane City Pillar shrine. It's a nice boutique hotel, though some rooms could use a few minor renovations (some paint, etc.).
The rooms were quite large, with well equipped bathrooms.
Breakfast was a bit disappointing though, with a very limited selection available. That which is available is of good quality though.
Another minor complaint: after cleaning, the rooms had a very penetrating citronella smell, which took a few hours to dissipate.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
MandalaBoutiqueHotel, Manager at Mandala Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2017

Hello Mr. Pieter B,

Thank you for the nice review of our hotel. Appreciate also that you point out the parts that we need to improve on. Rest assured that we will take necessary actions on this. Again, thank you for staying with us. Best regards.

Reviewed March 4, 2017 via mobile

A three night stay we enjoyed very much. From the upgrade to a suite our friends received, to the prompt action taken when the air conditioning wasn't working properly to the attentiveness of two extra chairs magically appearing so we could enjoy sitting outside the adjoining rooms together.
Spacious rooms, good beds and good shower.
A bit outside the center of the city but very much the 10 minute extra walk.
Will definitely stay here again if opportunity arises.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
MandalaBoutiqueHotel, Manager at Mandala Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2017

Hello Mvanhell! Thank you very much for the wonderful review. It is our responsiblity to keep our guests comfortable and relax during their stay. We're very pleased to know that you've enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully, we get to see you again. Again, thank you. Best regards.