All reviewslarge hotelmekong riverswimming poolnight markethotel is locatedtuk tukbreakfast buffet ismin walknoodlesexcellent hotelother guestsother hotelsspathailandconferenceairportluxury
Reviewed June 22, 2017

I stayed this hotel for 1 night over the weekend for a staycation. I had dinner outside and came back to my room around 10ish and realized that the air con is not working. I asked the staff at Front desk to send someone to check on it and soon, 2 technicians came. They just came into my room with dirty shoes on which made the room floor super messy and dusty.
Anyhow, they fixed it and went back. But around 2 hours later, the air con stopped again. I tried to ask for a help but no one picked up my calls. In the end, I gave up and just off to bed. Yes, could not sleep well....it was just soooo hot.
Next morning, I literally called them 5 times and every single call, they told me that they will send someone up to check on it but the same technicians came only once (still those dirty shoes on). This time, they failed to fix it and just went back without saying anything...
Then, exactly 1 hour before the check-out time, a staff called me offering a room change....what the....They should've offered me this way in advance....
Of course I refused and just went down to the lobby to check out. I complained about this horrible experience and their poor service to the manager and she said.....'Oh, I did not know that....Sorry....They did not ask you to change the room in the first place?'
Well....I was speechless and sick of talking to these people. I just knocked off without saying any further.
Yes, they still charged me the full room rate. haha
Worst service ever....

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Josi3947
Landmark Mekong R, Public Relations Manager at Landmark Mekong Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2017

Dear Josi,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
Our sincerest apologies for having a bad experience during your stay with us. We normally have a regular check up to maintain the condition of our services as well as a 24 hours stand by staff at the Front Office. We work hard to provide the best possible service we could offer to all our guests and it’s apparent in this case, we fell short, we assure you that we will do more maintenance and more active response from our staff to avoid this happening again in our future guests.
Please do let us know when you come back to Vientiane so we could have a chance to make your stay much better and see to it that you enjoy the experience our guests are very fond of.
All the best to you.

Reviewed June 21, 2017

I went there for business trip and stayed for 5 days. I like jogged around the hotel in the morning. We could see the big Mekong River from the jogging track. Vientiane is not crowded comparing with Jakarta. So it is very pleasant thing to explore Vientiane for your next trip. This hotel is recommended for family not for budget traveler because the rate is quite high. Vientiane is safe. I went to Patuxay monument by walk for 50 minutes and I'm fine. There were night market too. You can go there by Tuk-tuk.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank handiniups

Dear handiniups, thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed June 6, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Landmark Mekong Riverside Hotel for 4 nights in May. Our stay was most enjoyable, and the only negative point we could mention is the location of the hotel. We knew this before we travelled, but the hotel provide an excellent shuttle bus service to and from the city, which more than makes up for its location.

Our room (523) was probably the most spacious we have ever stayed in during our extensive travels.

The pool area was lovely, and again, very spacious.

Breakfast was delicious with a vast selection available to meet all tastes.

We found the staff to be very pleasant and most helpful.

Oh, must mention the amazing views we had of the Mekong and Thailand from our balcony.

All in all, an excellent hotel.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hugh S
Landmark Mekong R, Public Relations Manager at Landmark Mekong Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2017

Dear Hugh S, thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and I am glad to hear that your stay with us was a memorable one! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 1, 2017

Very large and beautiful room. Extremely clean hotel with five star amenities, staff and service. Restaurant was also very pleasant.

The only downside to this hotel was that we could hear the noise from the street at night and it was a bit out of the city.. have to take a taxi to market, off site restaurants etc.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Landmark Mekong R, Public Relations Manager at Landmark Mekong Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2017

Thank you for your great review and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We give our best to provide a quiet and restful night for our guests considering that we are slightly out of the city center however we cannot avoid the noise from the street during night time. And as most of our rooms has a Mekong view facing the street side, depending on the guests the best we could do to prevent hearing these noise is to arrange a room in a different side of the hotel. We normally have shuttle to the city center with several schedules per day.
We hope to welcome you again in your future visits to Vientiane

Reviewed May 22, 2017

I stayed at this hotel for a meeting and found it to be a very nice place to stay but located a bit away from everything else in the city. The rooms were large and pleasant and but the hotel had little to distinguish it from other large hotels in Asia. The ballroom had a glaring problem in that it does not have a hallway in which to either wait to go in or to hold coffee breaks. This is highly unusual and made for an awkward situation where we wound up sitting on the steps while waiting our turn to enter. The staff were very good and the breakfast was standard for Vientiane.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business