“Substandard”
Review of Serai Bistro

Serai Bistro
Ranked #160 of 294 Restaurants in Islamabad
Reviewed September 30, 2018

The food was most disappointing. The service very slow and inefficient. We so regretted wasting our time and money in this substandard place.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed May 16, 2018

I went here together with my two colleagues. The last time was about 8 months ago, at that time the food was amazing and very Lebanese. Some of the mezzeh were not available, chef came out himself, apologized and presented delcicious substitutes.

Unclear what happened since, but 2 hours later I am still trying to digest this very tasteless lunch. We had the mezzeh, which consisted only of hummus, tabouleh and fatoush, no mention why the other dishes were not there, and no substitutes. The mezzeh were mediocre in taste.
One of my colleagues had the Arabiata, which was very spicy and with chicken, not (turkey)bacon.
We had the Shishtaouk and I am wondering how to describe what we had. The chicken was tasteless, the dip was tasteless, the french fries were fried in black oil (black bits were seen on the fries).
All in all plain horrible. I will not ever go here again unless we are assured the same Lebanese chef is back.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank JacquelineIslamabad
Reviewed January 1, 2018

Very good fresh barbeque, good restaurant staff, good price,
clean & secured location...nice outdoor restaurant...recomendable..

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed December 25, 2017 via mobile

Ambience 9/10
Food 7/10
Service 1/10
Probably would not go there again for a long time. It was my daughters birthday lunch given by my parents. We chose this place , as previously we had had a good experience. But that was just for coffee n fries . Yesterday being 25th of dec, it seemed they were short on staff. Our appetizer came with the main course. It took over an hour to serve our order , that too in fits n starts . First order of pizza fell before it reached the table. It had to be redone from scratch...well to cut it short the whole experience wasn’t too good. Bad day for Serai Bistro I guess!!!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 23, 2017

The food lacked taste. Presentation was below average. Service was bad. And for a place really that desi in its ambiance the price was high. Serving Humus and other dishes does not make you Lebanese.

Date of visit: April 2017