“Amazing Sri Lanka”

Triplanka Tours
Ranked #67 of 136 Outdoor Activities in Colombo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We Organize tours, sightseeing trips and Excursions all within your specific budget.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have used Triplanka tours numerous times over a few years and Krish has never failed to impress. Krish’s knowledge and enthusiasm for his country and it’s sights and wildlife is amazing and his ability to share this with us was just wonderful.
So many wonderful memories of Sri Lanka that will stay with us and bring us lots of pleasure, have been due to Krish sharing his love of his country, his organisation of the trips and tours.
We are hoping to visit Sri Lanka again soon and discover more of Sri Lanka with Krish.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"itinerary"
"driver"

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Krishan was wonderful. We went in September 2015 and spent our entire trip with him except for a couple of days when he had a family emergency. He left us with our very able driver and he did come back as soon as he could so it was no problem for us.

I am writing this because I for one highly recommend him. I am meticulous in my research and usually only go for services that have been reviewed multiple times by high level contributors on TA.

I contacted a number of tour providers but he was the most prompt in replying, competitive in pricing and the most informative among them. He always has suggestions from activities to accommodations. He even gave me 3 levels of accommodation standards to choose from for each location I wanted to stay at. When I opted to book some myself, he was also fine with it. He also helped lead us to a better money changer, one he trusted and yes, the price was indeed better than the others we saw throughout our trip.

An instance when his attentiveness came in very handy was when he informed me around 2 weeks prior to my group's trip that Yala was set to close for the season the day prior to our scheduled safari there. We had to rearrange our schedule from start to finish as my group wanted to have the chance to see a leopard or two. So we inserted Wilpattu to substitute Yala and that is clearly across the country. Yet everything went smoothly with his help.

If you are a nature lover, he is probably one of the, if not the best you can get. He knows the different bird species of Sri Lanka by heart. He is an avid observer of nature and has a quick eye to help you out during your safaris. His photos of the wild life are beautiful.

All in all, you can't go wrong with Krishan Fernando. He gives you ease of mind and will take care of you. He will do his best to give you what you want out of your trip.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

I spent 10 days in Sri Lanka in March and Krishan stayed with me about 6 days. He was very knowledgeable about his country, he took me to the best things to see, at he was at the same time very discreet, so if you want, you almost feel you are on your own. He also took me to the great street restaurants difficult to find for tourists and this is another bonus that you only get with insiders like Krishan. He his a truly wonderful and honest person and I would definitely recommend his tours if you want to discover Sri Lanka trouble-free.

1  Thank Marco C
Reviewed 25 January 2018

My husband, 14 year old daughter and I spent two weeks in Sri Lanka in August. Krishan from Triplanka Tours was recommended to us by a family who were staying in the same hotel.
I gave him a list via email of the places/things we wanted to see/do and he got back promptly with recommended itineraries and different options.
He was always prompt, did not rush us and everything was organised very well. We have used guides in the past and always end up being taken to some sort of tourist trap. This does not happen with Krishan.
Krishan was very knowledgeable, not just about his country but our own as well!
We felt very comfortable with him, his prices were very competitive and would definitely recommend him.
Thank you for helping make our holiday unforgettable.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 January 2018

We are in our 50’s still working and have been lucky enough to have travelled a lot yet for some reason we have just had our first trip to Sri Lanka and now wonder why it took us so long – what an incredible ‘gem’ it is. There are many highlights of the trip but the best ‘find’ was the recommendations on Tripadvisor for Krishan Fernando and his company Triplanka Tours (krishanfe@gmail.com). We like the comforts of our own driver and but most importantly we like the flexibility it provides us. Being off season in June we were lucky enough to have Krishan personally guide us on our trip and this we think make the time in Sri Lanka very special. I would totally recommend Krishan and we have already started planning our next trip to Sri Lanka with him – when we will take our adult children with us. He arranged the itinerary, accommodation and all the details but was flexible so that once he got to know us he modified each day.

Flying from Sydney Australia isn’t direct but it is easy to transfer in Singapore and probably cheaper to transfer via another hub. We landed in Sri Lanka at night and had our bags and cleared customs all within 20 minutes. We stayed the first night in Negombo as I assume many tourists do. Hotel ok but we were keen to get going so didn’t spend much time in the area rather we headed to Habarana as a base for the next few days via the Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage. Time was spent at Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa, Anuradhapura, Mihintale – all breathtaking and so well cared for.
From there we headed to Kandy – although a very large city with traffic issues, it is a beautiful place and we were staying out overlooking the river so could escape the noise. (Cinnamon Citadel was lovely)

From there to the cold climate of Nuwara Eliya and the walks to Worlds End on the Horton Plains – may have been cold but the views and the wild life were extraordinary. We would recommend if you are doing this walk to start early and walk to the falls first as it makes the walk back up a little easier. Had one of the best Indian meals anywhere in the world at The Grand Indian in Nuwara Eliya – try it if you have a chance.

Back down the hills to Tissamaharama via Ella and many more waterfalls. We were so lucky in ‘Tissa’ that there was the festival celebrating the enlightenment of Buddha and we went to one of the evening parades. Sri Lankans make pilgrimages to be in Tissa over this period and we know why. The parade although commencing at 11pm, went on for almost 2 hours with hundreds of dancers and elephants all ‘dressed’ for the occasion. Truly spectacular. (Accommodation Thaulle Resort – boutique, beautiful and empty)

The reason we went to Tissa however was not because of the festival but its proximity to Yala National Park. Krishan arranged a passionate guide for us to go on safari with (Jayalath +94772441213) . We were lucky enough to see a very rare‘tusker’ (elephant with tusks), a leopard, sloth bear, spotted deer, mongoose, crocodile, hare, wild boar, numerous birds due to the knowledge of the driver on where things would be and when. It seemed the other drivers deferred to him and followed him. He didn’t have the flashest truck but he owned it unlike many of the other drivers who were hired by the ‘flash truck companies’ and managed to get these trucks stuck on rocks, bogged in sand and missed all the animals. A clear highlight was that it was festival time in Tissa and Krishan assisted us to see the whole event - even though it started at midnight!

Final stop was Bentota for its proximity to Galle(the fort is a must and we could have spent hours more there) and the lovely beach areas – although this is monsoon time on this coast, we were very lucky with the weather and had only one afternoon of rain – when we were in the car anyway. (accommodation Cinnamon Bey Beruwala was large but great service)

We had been warned about going to Sri Lanka in the off season – but it was perfect timing for us as it is a great time to see the animals in Yala, we got to experience the festival in Tissa, we were blessed by the weather gods with only a little rain and there were no queues anywhere for anything. There was so much we didn’t have a chance to see and cannot wait to head back to Sri Lanka to see the rest.