Free cancellation until 27/07
Hilton Colombo(Colombo)
US$133
US$128
Priceline
Best Western Elyon Colombo(Colombo)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$49
OZO Colombo(Colombo)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$68
Agoda.com
Clock Inn Colombo(Colombo)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$64
US$38
  • Breakfast included
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$27
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We had a very pleasant stay.
The guesthouse consists of a colonial house and a few more rooms that are located next door in an modern appartment house.
The guesthouse is central located, has a nice small garden backyard where they serve the breakfest and a museum like living room.
Very friendly owner and good value for colombo.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank asdfgbernd
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I am not at all sure where the people who provided the negative review thought they were staying. My experience was excellent. Mrs Nanyakkara is a very thoughtful and grateful host. The room was clean and the secuirty was good. I plan to return soon.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Anna E
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We were made to feel very welcome by Padimi, and our stay was like staing with your grandmother! You will be staying in a small apartment complex with people who live there, and so I felt a little uncomfortable. There was no A/C or mosquito net, but the place was clean and tidy, the bathroom excellent, despite prior reviews. I also saw no cockroaches, but if there were any, then they are an unavoidable part of living in a hot country.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank martleese
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I am VERY surprised by the previous review. The place is dirty - in our bathroom I could write 'wash me' with my finger on the dirt in the shower! When we arrived there was a dead cockroach in the filthy bathroom where there was no hot water, the light did not work (we needed to wash our teeth with our flashlight that we fortunately brought with us) and the towel that they gave me there was a hole in it so large I could put my whole arm through it. When we went to bed there was a disgustingly dirty mosquito net over one bed and the chest of drawers next to the bed was full of I suppose the owners clothing and also full of live cockroaches which we needed to kill with our shoes.

The rooms - well should we call if part of the garage - are noisy there are no curtains and the beds are just planks of wood with a sort of very thin mattress on them.

Overall experience horrible and the price should be like USD10 per night.

We left after one night - awful start to any holiday.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank 00pb
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Padmini's is very centrally located - in a very nice neighborhood, close to shopping, the coast and all amenities. We stayed in her garden room and as the title says, it's like going to a friend's house for a few days. It is simple with books and nic-nacs and a private entrance. The bed is large - two doubles that can be together or apart. I found the bed a little hard (personal preference). The room is equipped with two fans and a mosquito net and A/C can be included for a small additional fee. The bathroom is basic with shower, hot/cold water, and flush toilet. She also has rooms in an apartment next door that are much more modern (i didn't see them but was told by my partner that they are quite nice and spacious). Breakfast is included. Mrs Padmini is a very cultured woman who has traveled a great deal, and enjoys meeting people. She sat and had tea with us upon arrival and then left it up to us to ask if we needed something. She was always keen to offer advice on where to go, what to see, she arranged a taxi to the airport with a trusted driver (and reasonably priced) and really invited us into her home. The garden area is private and safe. This is simply accommodate, but for Colombo very reasonably priced and excellent location. Again - I have to say, Mrs. Padmini as a hostess was lovely. It's tucked away so a bit hard to find, even the tuk tuk drivers had a hard time. Once found - it's worth it. Note - her number is listed incorrectly in the Lonely Planet - we found her number by google. Address is correct.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple