Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 28, 2019 via mobile

I had booked a standard double room for my stay. When I reached the hotel I was informed that we had been upgraded to deluxe room. We were happy to hear but the room wasn't upto the standards. The bathroom and toilet handshowers were broken. The toilet was very stuffy and had no proper ventilation.
The room is quite big but had only one AC which doesn't cool the room. The room is on the 3rd floor with no access to elevators and it gets hot in the day.
While I was waiting in the lobby for my driver, I asked the staff for glass of water. They denied the same and told I need to purchase bottled water from them, as they did not have water. I told okay. Then a repair person that time and they offered him glass of water. This is their hospitality for guests. Worst behaviour ever seen.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2018

I spent nearly Rs 25000 for Two day trip but that's ok, this trip was a memorable trip for me... I should thank my friend for supporting this trip.... One day at zoo and Nugegoda Railway station and next day Petah Railways station, Beach, Shopping centre, Kathiresan Temple, Indian Hotel etc. I enjoyed the two days trip...

Room tip: Have Google Map enabled and working before any trip to locate the Hotel...
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2018

If you are reading my comment, then you MUST NOT book this place .. it is the worst experience we had in Sri Lanka ever, we stayed for one night only and then left this horrible place. Here is why:
1. Staff: Help Desk employee Called Michel was very rude, unprofessional and disrespectful! After showing us the room I informed him that 50% of the facilities which is mentioned in booking.com are not available! he replied back "IT IS BOOKING.COM MISTAKES NOT OURS, YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL THAT YOU GOT THIS ROOM, YOU CAN'T FIND A PIECE OF TOILET FOR THE SAME PRICE IN SRI LANKA" I asked for the owner mobile number but he refuses to give it to me! after that Michel apologises saying that he has a problem with his wife!
2. Room: just take a look at the attached photos, the room was so dirty, we found a lizard inside, the windows view in the car garage, insects eggs in the bathroom, the electricity wires were unsafe and unproperly connected(we have 1 and half year baby), the bathroom was broken and the door could not be closed, the sink drain was blocked, you can hear the car parking and the light from the garage.....etc

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Hatem H
Reviewed January 16, 2018 via mobile

While the place is a bit far from the center of Colombo it more than makes up for that in other aspects. First of all the bus goes from the door to the citycenter and if you'd rather go by tuk tuk the helpful staff will help you get one. Second of all this might be the most honest and helpful staff we encountered in all of our trip. When i dropped a 1000 rupees on the floor they went through the trouble of watching the CCTV cameras just to figure out who to give them back to. They also helped us get to our next destination and were just overall super helpful and friendly. Can highly recomend

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2017

Nugegoda does not boast of any high end hotels or any quality hotels for that matter. All advertised properties are converted or of the boutique nature where the requirements of a hotel have been unhappily stuffed into modified structure.
Silvikris is a little different. It is a converted villa and that is what it says in the blurb. So,no wrong footing there.
The villa is located in one of the many narrow streets of Nuge. Hard to find with directions and google maps. It is a high walled edifice and only upon entering the premises does the lodgement become evident.
The reception area was clearly the portico of the villas previous avatar. But it is done up nicely and reflects a certain gravity. A small garden adds to the feeling. On one of the tables it was amusing to find a lot of dated magazines in at least four different languages. The rooms are appointed with basic amenities.Nothing more,nothing less.
Reasonably clean and spacious,but lacking standard services.
Breakfast is 6 usd and frankly not worth it. Down the street is a KFC that is open at all godly hours.
The staff of two are extremely pleasant and helpful. Kind of make you forget the shortcomings. The pricing of the rooms is debatable. This is clearly a budget stay and for a night without any demands on the house

Room tip: Room on the top floor has a nice patio where one can have chai. But beware, no elevators.
Date of stay: December 2017