Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$18
StayForLong
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 18, 2016

tbh i stayed here last year so all I could remember is decent staffs, very helpful lot, and strategic location. located near convenience store and a bunch of restaurants so that's good. truly recommended for backpacker, especially those new to Sri Lanka.

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed April 24, 2016 via mobile

It's a good and great experience staying in hostel hotel colombo... Staff are accomodating... With free breakfast... I stayed 2 nights in hostel hotel colombo... Rooms are okay and toilets also... Most of my roommates are backpackers....

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2016

The location of the hostel is not easy to find. Even tuk tuk drivers had to get directions from us checking the map. There is a supermarket near the place. The hostel grounds are very nice however there is no air conditioning or big fans in the rooms just some very small fans near each bed and it made the rooms very very hot. There were also loads of mosquito. We would recommend skipping nights in Colombo and better go towards the seaside like Negombo or the South.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2015

BED always has a great vibe of travellers, not just the backpackers sitting on their phones not talking to each other. Activities were organized. The beds each had private fans and lockers (BYO lock) and free breakfast. Only downside is that the bathrooms tended to need some repairs, but they were at least clean, though sometimes water-laden as the drains didn't properly function. I stayed here many times, and am sad it has recently closed. It will reopen soon, as I am told, under Colombo City Hostel.

Room tip: Avoid the six bed room- people watching TV tend to turn it up too loud and it can keep you awake.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2015 via mobile

I don't know if it's just me who is dumb enough to do this but I booked this hostel due to the fact I was flying to Colombo airport.. when actual fact Colombo airport is pretty much in Negombo! Our taxi to here was a bloody nightmare and took a good 2 hours. Wish I hadn't bothered going to Colombo as there is not much to do at all.

As for the hostel itself, it was decent. we stayed in a 6 bed room with bunk beds. I noticed some other reviews on here complained that the beds are uncomfortable but I actually had such a great sleep! This hostel was spacious and clean. The shower rooms are very basic and the only big complaint I would have would be that there was no hot water. For a short stay in Colombo this place is practical and cheap.

Date of stay: October 2015