See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 4, 2010

A beautiful place in a lovely part of town, reminded me of the Adriatic. Plus goes to the amazing rooms, vast and stylish in uncommon colors, and the bathrooms you don't want to leave. Nice spa and fitness center. Don't miss dinner at the top floor and the Balinese massage

Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Although our booking was confirmed, Eris had only half the number of rooms available when we arrived. So they shipped half of us off to nearby hotels that were scary dumps. For example, the hall light was down the hall and about the size of a Christmas tree light, so i had to feel for the keyhole. Room had no trash can or drinking glasses. Bathroom smelled of sewage. Only one sheet on the bed so I took one from another bed and saw the blood stains on the mattress.

There are many good hotels in Istanbul. Tonight I've moved to Hotel Ada and it's wonderful at a reasonable price - and much quieter and closer to the major sights Stay here instead of at the Eris.

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank Ultrarun
Reviewed August 3, 2010

The service too bad, no air conditioning, I really didn't sleep that night . don't waste your time and money here .

• Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank 45,701
Reviewed April 24, 2010

After reading some of the negative reviews ,Eris Hotel has improved a lot. We stayed at Eris Hoteland and we received good service. It is good value for money if you're on a tight budget & since most budget / standard hotels in Istanbul dont serve a complimentary breakfast , Eris Hotel do their best to provide a decent breakfast. The location is great & safe (police station next door)and has a nice view of the Bosphorous sea from the 4th and 5th floors, especially the restaurant/breakfast area.We were due to fly back to London and were stranded in Istanbul because of cancelled flights resulting from the volcano in Iceland. We went back to Eris hotel and they were very helpful and accommodated us and kept us informed regularly about flights and transport to and from both airports. We spoke to many customers at Eris Hotel and they were satisfied with the hotel,especially with the friendly and helpful staff. BIG THANK YOU to the staff: Sadat,Yusuf,Uzjan,the tall guy (forgot his name),Gur(the lady who made our room) and 'Captain Nimo.' I hope we meet again. Faiyaaz&Mariam (UK)

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WildHorsesFM
Reviewed April 16, 2010

If you've ever really wanted to know what it would be like to sleep in an ashtray, book yourself in. The rooms here are pretty bad to say the least. To give it 1 star would be generous. Apart from the intense smell of cigarette smoke, the sheets, furniture and bathroom date back to Byzantine times and have seldom been cleaned since. The restaurant on the top floor need not be there at all. They certainly don't need a menu as nothing on it was available to order (which I dare say was probably a good thing). I fervently recommend that you feed elsewhere or not at all. To top off my stay, a curious member of staff was opportunistic enough to steal USD$160 from an envelope that was hidden deep in my backpack, locked away in my room. Management were less than helpful, to the point of not caring at all. FIND ANOTHER HOTEL AT ALL COSTS!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple