All reviews historic neighborhood a great place to stay cozy hotel superior room great location reception desk walking distance stayed for nights galata bridge the hotel staff grand bazaar karakoy district heart hosts taxis balcony
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

Whenever i go somewhere, my first choice for stay is usually chain hotels such as Marriott, Hilton or Radisson. But for the first time, I decided to stay in a boutique hotel mostly because of I was wishing to be in centre of entertainment and fun. And that's why I chose Nabu Hotel.

Very modern, comfortable, and cozy hotel in the center of the most vibrant and historic neighborhood in the city.

This beautiful hotel is surrounded by very nice cafes and bars... and my most favourite one (chez moi & tukkan karakoy) was just beside the hotel. Not only on weekend but everyday karakoy streets are full of people who came there just for fun or eat something with friends... You will never get bored.

The hotel staff (specially reception desk) was extremely helpful, friendly and polite. Hotel itself is very nice decorated. Kind of designers hotel. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a great place to stay.

PS: Don't miss out on their great selection of authentic Italian pizzas during your stay!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Nabu for 3 nights in the penthouse room 404 and had a hard time sleeping due to the location. The area is AMAZING with bars and restaurants, but I think we would have preferred to stay just a few blocks away. The hotel is litterary based untop of a bar.

The hotel ifself if nice and the hosts are very friendly. There are tons of great places outside to eat, drinks and party! So if you are on a party mission this is the hotel for you. We wanted to relax, since we had 3 days away from the kids. So not the best match since the bars closed between 2 (weekdays) and (4-5 weekends)

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

The service is amazing due to the helpful reception staff and the location too is convenient with bars and etc... next time I travel to Istanbul, Nabu hotel would be my home.
P.S don’t be shy to approach the reception

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights at Nabu. The hotel is beautiful very stylish and well decorated. Had a pizza from the hotel which was really good. We didn’t have breakfast at the hotel as there are so many coffee shops in the area we wanted to soak up the great atmosphere of Karaköy. The Nabu is close to the T1 tram which takes you to all major sites, but you can very easily walk to Galata bridge, Galata Tower and we even walked to Dolmabache Palace. There are so many great bars and night life around the hotel we did a little pub crawl. Our room, 403, was on the front of the hotel and it was a bit noisy, music from the bars, however we had walked so far around Istanbul once asleep it didn’t disturb us too much. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Karakoy and I hope we can visit again to see how this fabulous district develops.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank citygirl2366
Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

Nabu Hotel in Karaköy is a great hotel for travelers looking for a priceworthy alternative in the heart of the hipster area packed with restaurants and bars. You’re greeted by great people, with one exception for the night staff that weren’t very interested in communicating. The rooms are small, as advertised, ours was a so called ”quiet room” with windows facing the stairs. For privacy reasons, this gave a quite claustrophobic feel to our room as we never could open our windows for fresh air. Our AC was very noisy and our room warm resulting in not so much sleep. But we knew what we were in for so this wasn’t a major issue. The one thing that surprised us was the cleaning of the rooms that really didn’t happen very often. In fact, it stopped after half our stay of a week, even though we asked for it through the door sign. The service personnel didn’t seem too used to give service. An overall ok stay, very priceworthy but maybe not the most relaxing experience, as expected I suppose. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with these expectations, focusing on their experience outside the hotel room.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family