The Byzantium Hotel & Suites(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$126
Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$146
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

Basileus Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$582
US$560
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewssteam roomfiltered waterturkish bathgreat roomrain showerfavorite hotelfour seasonsloved this hotelstreet noisebeautiful hotelrooms are spaciousold cityside streetturkeytaksim squaresmall hotelnisantasi
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Once again with Park Hyatt, the Istanbul property meets all our expectations.

Seamless check-in and a very detailed introduction to our room. Unlike other properties where this is needless and I like it as short as possible, you need a long introduction here given all functionalities in the room... Some are more gadgets than other, such as colortherapy in bathroom ;) but all fit very well with the modern and soft coloured theme of this hotel.

Very decent sized room with separated lounge and bedroom areas in a common large room, and a beautiful bathroom, around a bathtub with loads of amenities for a relaxing bath.

Is there any better city to symbolise the fusion between eastern and western cultures? decoration brilliantly reflects this!

PS: beware of rogue cab drivers in the city, ask to be dropped off in front of hotel, as one tricked us by telling that the street was closed and of course, it was to drop us in a side street with no one around, where the guy keep the change on our 50tl bill, while the meter was only 12, and we had no way to ask for help as the street was desert...

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This is an exceptional hotel with a sophisticated vibe, perfect for the discerning traveler. Like all Park Hyatt hotels, the décor is modern and elegant, with muted colours and contemporary furnishings. The lobby space feels intimate and calming and is a welcome retreat after a hectic day in the city. The hotel was in stellar condition and nothing was out of place.
I was impressed with the service. The staff at this hotel is wonderful. I always felt attended to and that I could ask for anything. The very genuine Turkish friendliness and hospitality that I experienced is what elevated my experience and has provided fond memories of my stay.
For full disclosure I am a Hyatt Passport Diamond member so I was fortunate to have been upgraded to a Spa room. However, it was so amazing that when I return to Istanbul I would probably reserve this room on my own! It has a HUGE bathroom, with a large soaking tub and private Turkish bath. You have your own private, automated steam room which you could probably have a party in! There was also a rain shower and full Turkish bath with amenities (soap, hammam basin, peshtemal, etc). There was also a second sink with filtered drinking water which you can also use to fill up your own in-room Nespresso machine! It’s truly a sanctuary. The rest of the room is very large and had a very comfortable king sized bed, lounge area, huge dressing area and wardrobe and work desk. All I can keep saying is that the room was a haven.
I’d also recommend that if a breakfast package is available that you do not hesitate to take it. The breakfast is served daily in the lobby lounge and is incredible. They offer a wide assortment of baked goods including Turkish simit as well as fruits, meats, cheeses, cereal, etc. Also included are hot breakfast items made to order, poached eggs, Turkish scrambled eggs, pancakes, waffles….it’s unbelievable.
I did use the hotel pool which was very nice and relaxing and the bar/restaurant beside the pool is a great place to grab a cocktail before hitting the town.
The hotel is in a very upscale neighbourhood (surprised?). The shops are great but coming from New York, it felt just like a mini 5th Avenue to me. I also thought the restaurants and bars in this area are very “white-washed” and found I was constantly taxiing over to Cihangir, Kabastas, Taksim or Galata for some real Istanbul energy and culture. But they are all so close that it wasn’t an inconvenience really, and this hotel is so amazing that it was definitely worth it.

Room Tip: If a breakfast package is available, book it! It's worth every penny. Upgrade to the spa room for maximum indulgence. Request a room overlooking the pool for an intimate view of the pool and garden.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Anthony Daniel L
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I have been a Hyatt fan for a great number of years so it was an easy decision to book the Park Hyatt for our visit to Istanbul. We were given room 317, a very nice large well appointed room with excellent bathroom facilities. However room 317 is a corner room on a side street and a main road. The traffic noise was amazing, and as Istanbul seems to never sleep, we were troubled all night by the incessant horns of the cars. I think everyone of the 40,000 Istanbul yellow taxis passed our room horning at each other on the Saturday night. I think for the price that we paid for the room, the hotel could have afforded better double glazing to reduce the street noise.
Having said that, the staff in the main were friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was extensive and interesting with lots of fresh fruit. The Prime Restaurant is also worth a vist for its open BBQ grill.
Shame about the noisy room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the back of the hotel and pool area to get away from the street sides.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2012

this weekend had planned to be a "girls weekend" to celebrate a good friend's birthday. But my two travelling companions fell ill and were unable to travel.

Stuck with a non refundable ticket to Istanbul and a reservation in the Park Hyatt, I chose to go it alone. I have to admit I was slightly sad about the prospect of not sharing this unique city with friends, but I have to say, it was worth the trip.

The hotel doesn't have the Bosphorus views of some competitors, but what it lacks in touristy appeal, it makes up for in sheer indulgence. With just 90 rooms, you are guaranteed that the staff know your name. The building itself was once a palace and has also served as a bank and private residence.

My concerns about it being far from the action were soon dismissed, Taksim Square is a short drive away and the Old City around 30ish mins depending on the horrendous Istanbul traffic.

Tucked away in in the ritzy shopping district of Nisantasi, its neighbours are Gucci and other high end designers. With a discrete driveway you could almost miss it. As a Gold Passport member I was upgraded on check-in to a "spa room", a point lost of me until I saw what this meant.

At 64 sqm, it's one of the biggest rooms I have stayed in, with an open plan bedroom, small seating area and a bar. So far so normal...until you see the bathroom.

A "spa room" is one of 25 in the hotel with their own steam room and hammam area complete with a basin, stool, turkish bath accessories of special soap and towels. Oh, and the flat screen TV...This is complemented by a stand alone bathtub with a special tray to pop your book...or a glass of bubbly (I may have done this...). finishng the huge roomis a rainforest style shower.

So impressive is the bathroom that I quickly calculated how many baths and hammams I could fit in over three days.

The hotel has a lap pool which is heated all year round and a spa. On my second day, weary after haggling in the Bazaar, I ordered a Turkish hammam and massage in my room and as far as I could tell the experience was authentic with the bath involving a full body scrub and sauna followed by a massage on a special table they set up in my living room space.

the night i arrived saw the hotel's terrace open up again after the winter break, but sadly it was raining so I couldn't enjoy it until my final evening. Poolside and nestled amongst the turn of the century buildings in the vicinity, you could be anywhere in the world.

I had a chance to try the restauarnt, The Prime,on my first night, sampling the King Crab Salad and a steak with a couple of glasses of Turkish Shiraz. the restaurant itself is a steakhouse, but if you are keen to try Turkish food, ask to order from the room service menu. I did this onmy final night as I sat on the terrace - the Turkish Manti dumplungs (think baby ravioli filled with meat) were amazing.

Breakfast is served in a 30 seater area just off the lobby and it seems the staff were always at a sprint to handle the turnover. Nevertheless service was attentive and my advice is to try the turkish scrambled eggs. the regular breakfast buffet includes cold cuts, fruit, cereals, cheese and fresh bakery items plus eggs a la carte. And...some pretty good coffee.

The lobby, no not equipped for it, can double as a bar and is a nice place for a pre dinner drink.

As is to be expected at a Park Hyatt, the staff were overwhelmingly attentive and knowledgable especially Batu the food and beverage director and his colleague the concierge who organized a fantastic tour for me. Not once did I feel like "one woman out".

My bank thanks me for heading to the bazaar rather than the boutiques nearby, but for those looking for a tax free splurge Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Michael Kors and others are a short walk and Gucci is in the same building as the hotel.

One thing to remember is to ask the hotel staff for a map and directions to the hotel in Turkish. More than once I was taken to the Hilton or elsewhere.

While my trip may not have started as I had envisaged it, I'm glad I took the plunge and went alone. This is a truly special hotel in a very special city.

Room Tip: Definately pay the extra for a spa room - you may never leave the hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank rachelannmorris
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I recently spent two nights in a spa room. Spa rooms have a killer bathroom; steam room, stand alone tub, rain shower and a hammam basin and taps. Oh, and a flat screen t.v. Could hardly get my wife out of there. Nice size room, nice desk with pop-up buisness center connections. Great and helpful staff. Style is modern chic. Espresso machine in room. Only gripe is no view. Apartments across the way. Watch folks open their curtains, yawn and scratch an armpit. Sort of like what I was doing. Spent most of the day out of the room anyway. Nice neighborhood. Look forward to staying there again, and I know my wife will insist on a spa room.

Room Tip: Higher floors will get you away from the patio noise in the summer.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple