All reviews steam room filtered water turkish bath great room rain shower loved this hotel rooms are spacious street noise amazing hotel old city turkey taksim square nisantasi concierge neighborhood taxi luxury
Reviewed July 13, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and found it suitable for our short stop over before returning to Sydney from Europe
The hotel is quite small and breakfast is served in the lobby lounge area. It had a great selection for a smaller hotel with wonderful cakes pastries and fruit cheeses and yoghurts as well as amazing eggs to be ordered from the menu.
It is not in a tourist area so we experienced more of modern upmarket Istanbul on this trip. The rooms were a good size but the spa was disappointing as there is a sauna but no whirl pool or steam room.
There is however a steam room in the shower in the room but we could not really get it hot.
We did not eat at the French restaurant at the hotel so cannot comment on it.
A good choice of hotel for a short stopover well priced and obliging staff.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Gulcin K, Guest Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Istanbul - Macka Palas, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2015

Dear Kerrieblue,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy to see that our hotel's location, rooms and services exceeded your expectations throughout your stay.

Reviewed July 11, 2015

Stayed 2 nights at this property last week. It is gorgeous and located in the best part of the city with tons of cafes and high end shopping. For a Park Hyatt I thought the price was very reasonable. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly and were always willing to help. Tours were booked easily as were restaurant reservations. Front office staff was particularly helpful. Lobby is stunning- like a high end boutique, though sparsely populated.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Gulcin K, Guest Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Istanbul - Macka Palas, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2015

Dear sguntupalli,

We are delighted to receive your feedback and see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Also, we thank you for appreciating the services our staff provided. Please rest assured that we will share your comments with our teams.

Reviewed July 10, 2015

Every so often TripAdvisor gets it wrong! As of the date of this review the Park Hyatt Istanbul is ranked the #48 hotel in Istanbul. Don't let that number fool you, this is an incredibly wonderful and luxurious property. The hotel is criminally underrated.

I am a Diamond member with Hyatt and have been fortunate enough to stay in a number of lovely and well-reviewed Park Hyatt properties (New York, Hamburg, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, etc.) Based on my three day stay in January, this hotel may be my favorite Park Hyatt in the portfolio. Rooms were incredibly luxurious and enjoyable to stay in and the service was nearly perfect (with a few small imperfections).

I arrived at the hotel after a really enjoyable stay at a small hotel in Sultanahmet but needed a larger hotel as part of a get-together of family and friends in the City. I chose the Park Hyatt because of my fondness for Hyatt hotels generally. I had read some mediocre reviews of the property, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

The Hotel is located in an upscale shopping and diplomatic district about a 5-10 minute drive up a very steep hill from the Bosphorus and about a 15 minute drive from the more historic Sultanahmet district. This 15 minutes drive can become significantly longer during rush hour. A number of upscale boutiques (Hermes, Gucci, etc.) are right around the corner as well as a number of high-end restaurants and cafes. It is located on a quiet side street with a very discreet and plain entrance. Indeed, a guest could be forgiven for driving past the hotel. Indeed, several taxi drivers tried to take me to the Grand Hyatt, located about 5-10 minutes away.

While the lobby is tasteful, it is fairly simple and belies the luxury of the rooms. My only comment is please move the concierge desk away from the front entrance, it is both uncomfortable and disruptive for the concierge to be located so close to the sliding doors and I was frequently hit by blasts of winter air when the door opened. I can only imagine how uncomfortable it is for the actual concierges to sit there all day.

The rooms were simply stunning. I was upgraded to a Spa room and I can safely stay that the so-called "hard product" was the finest hotel room in which I have ever stayed. Indeed this room was far more enjoyable and interesting for me than many of the suites in which I have stayed. The wood flooring, quality of bed linens, toiletries, etc. were lovely. The work area was comfortable and functional. The bathroom, complete with full steam room was luxurious. It was so wonderful to be able to use the steam room either after a long day or to get ready in the morning. Laundry and other hotel services were of high quality with the accompanying eye-watering prices.

Security, Bell, Concierge, and Front Desk staff were excellent and helped me with a number of requested including having a beautiful bouquet of flowers delivered to a friend. I was greeted by name throughout the hotel and upon my return from exploring Istanbul. The only small services lapses I noticed was that staff in the lobby cafe were slow and unresponsive, I actually had to find a manager to get my check.

I look forward to returning soon! Happy traveling.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank twainandwhitman

Dear sat800v,

We are truly delighted to receive your detailed feedback. With such a clear description of our rooms, outlets and services, you provided a great help for the viewers. We are also grateful to see that we exceeded your expectations throughout your stay.

Reviewed June 24, 2015

beautiful hotel with great Hyatt service - located within a good neighborhood, quiet, relaxed. nice pool, great restaurants and bars in the area. the spa suite is a great thing to book - with a small own hamam.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Gulcin K, Guest Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Istanbul - Macka Palas, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2015

Dear Karsten F,

We are grateful for your brief and self-explanatory comment. It is very nice to see that you enjoyed your room and the neighborhood accordingly.

Reviewed June 16, 2015

I was very impressed by every aspect of this great hotel . The style is very individual , modern derived from art deco. The decoration throughout ( public areas and bedrooms ) is very well done , stylish and uplifting . There is a good deal of wood around ( floors , wall cladding and furniture ) which is well blended , finely turned and finished and is clearly expensive and luxurious . The way this has been done is not only fine to look at but also gives a gentle , subtle aroma which is a very pleasant sensation. The bedrooms are large , extremely well designed and well furnished - a clever blend of luxury but fairly minimalistic ( rather than sumptuous or decadent ) giving a feel of cleanliness and hygiene . Really good choices of art and photography ( the latter group photos by Ara Guler ) are present in the bedrooms. Staff were helpful and polite . I thoroughly recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Gulcin K, Guest Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Istanbul - Macka Palas, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2015

Dear Mark Benjamin L,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are happy to see that you enjoyed the rooms and the design of our hotel. As we aim to combine the authenticity and unique design, we are glad to see that we achieved it.