Tomtom Suites
Tophane Suites(Istanbul)
Gumusyan Hotel(Istanbul)
  • Fitness centre
1,062 results
All reviewsitalian consulatetom tom suitestop floormarble bathroomnicole restaurantsmall luxury hotelquiet streetrooftop restaurantdeluxe suiteheated floorsistiklal caddesirooms are hugeseparate showerjacuzzi tubthe main shopping streetturkeynespresso machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Istanbul is great, but combined with a stay at this magnificent hotel = Absolutely Brilliant!

We stayed 7 nights, and enjoyed every minute of it despite the crappy weather. Not only did we receive daily recommendations of restaurants and itinerary suggestions, the General Manager - Ali Dogan ÇAMAK helped us with getting great tickets to see a sold out match: Galatasaray vs. Besiktas. Coupled with the very helpful, friendly and professional Nural Inciler at the front desk, our stay exceeded all expectations. We visited a number of the hotels which we had considered prior to settling for the TomTom Suites, and we are happy to report that none of them measured up, especially Photos Vs. Reality ;). TomTom Suites exceeded all our expectations!

See my other reviews on restaurants - and please try to avoid one of them close to Taksim square.

@Nural - your No.10 Football shirt will be arriving when the 2012-3 season begins ;)
@Ali - Thanks for all your help, Good luck with the Championship! Our son is the only kid wearing a full Galatasaray sweats at hockey training ;)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dibbis
AliDoganCamak, General Manager at Tomtom Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Theng and Marcel,

Thank you for your feedback, I am so glad that you have such fond memories of our staff and your stay at Tomtom. On behalf of Nural and other family members of Tomtom, I cannot express enough gratitude for your compliments towards our staff and service, which I have shared with them personally as well as with their direct leaders. The Championship will take end very soon. And i thank you for all your best wishes for Galatasaray ;)) I look forward to welcoming you both back in the future for another special holiday full of little surprises and memorable moments.

Warm Regards.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

We stayed at the Tomtom Suites for three nights for a special occasion…and it was wonderful.

Our room was very large, king bedded and with a large bathroom with both shower and Jacuzzi.
The hotel is five-ten minutes walk from the main attractions, however is astonishingly quiet.

Nural at the Front Desk was outstandingly helpful, friendly yet discrete and professional.

This was the best hotel we have stayed in and we cannot recommend it highly enough. Thanks Tomtom for the “Younique” experience!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Daniela981
AliDoganCamak, General Manager at Tomtom Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Dear "Daniela981",

Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy that you enjoyed your suite accomodation. In Tomtom Suites, we do our best to accomodate our guests with the highest standards of Turkish hospitality... Thank you again for taking the time to share your review so we may continually improve our services for all guests. Please feel free to recommend us to your friends and family. We look forward to welcome you again in Tomtom Suites - The Old Franciscan House...

Reviewed 4 March 2012

I had a somewhat unique experience at the Tomtom Suites that allowed me to fully appreciate the excellent service that this hotel has to offer, particularly from one Nural Inciler. My father and I arrived in Istanbul for a four day, three night trip. Almost immediately after returning from a long walk around the beautiful Beyoglu district in which Tomtom is located my father's back went out. Thereafter he spent day and night lying semi-paralyzed on the couches and I, walking alone around the city. The entire hotel staff were incredibly accommodating, understanding, and did not hesitate to make my father's stay as pleasant as it could possibly be under the circumstances. It was Nural Inciler, working at the front desk, who really made the stay for me. Friendly and helpful he displayed a quite comprehensive knowledge of the city, various European languages, as well as Turkish Football (not that he didn't know other football, he most certainly did, it was just Turkish football where he really hit stride). He was excellent to chat with, especially as I, wandering the city alone, did not really have anyone to talk to. He recommended various restaurants, each inevitably proving to be delicious, told me where was best to watch the football, is still helping me now with a trip I have planned specifically to see a match in Istanbul, and was, like all of the staff at Tomtom, obviously quite experienced in the service industry. One last thing, the croissants at the complimentary breakfast are completely out of this world!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jasper B
AliDoganCamak, General Manager at Tomtom Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear ‘Jasper B’,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback on Tomtom Suites - The Old Franciscan House and Istanbul as your holiday destination. I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the restaurant and the service throughout the resort from our staff, who are proud to extend the warmest hospitality and provide insights into our unique culture. I will definitelly share your compliments with our staff, and thank them for keeping providing the highest standards of Turkish hospitality.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Tomtom Suites - The Old Franciscan House on your next trip to Istanbul.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

This was my first trip to Istanbul and, I hope, not my last. There are many reasons for returning to this city, and staying at the TomTom is at the top of the list. The hotel is a short walk in one direction from Istiklal Street, which is the main pedestrian shopping and walking street, and a short walk in another direction from the Tophane tram station, from which you can go easily to the major tourist sites in Sultanahmet. The suite was ample in size and tastefully decorated. The marble bathroom's heated floor and jacuzzi were especially welcome on the cold February days when I was there. The friendly and knowledgeable service rocketed this hotel into the stratosphere for me. If there were a way to give the TomTom a rating higher than excellent, I would do so.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank Michael S
AliDoganCamak, General Manager at Tomtom Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Dear Michael S,

Thank you for your feedback, I am so glad that you have such fond memories of our staff and your stay at Tomtom Suites - The Old Franciscan House. On behalf of Tomtom team, I cannot express enough gratitude for your compliments towards our staff and service, which I have shared with them personally as well as with their direct leaders. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future for another special holiday full of little surprises and memorable moments...

Kindest Regards from Istanbul...

Reviewed 20 February 2012

The building is modern and beautiful. Rooms are so spacious!! And the bathrooms were amazing!! Plenty of space so that it feels like a real luxury get-away. Service was great as well and everyone is so helpful. Little amenities like free bottled water and free wi-fi were nice. Breakfast is good and views are impressive from the dining area. Great location too since it's a 5 minute walk to the tram stop at the bottom of the hill and easy to get to the main sights.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank seetheworld
Allydoan, General Manager at Tomtom Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear ‘Seetheworld’

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your suite accomodation, the breakfast service and La Mouette Restaurant's dinner at the roof top. In Tomtom Suites, we do our best to accomodate our guests with the highest standards of Turkish hospitality... Thank you again for taking the time to share your review so we may continually improve our services for all guests. Please feel free to recommend us to your friends and family. We look forward to "wow" you again in Tomtom Suites - The Old Franciscan House...