“Great food with good sevice”
Review of Khorasani Restaurant - CLOSED

Khorasani Restaurant
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Description: "Ask most tourism representatives, restaurateurs, and waiters in Old Istanbul to recommend a restaurant, and most will offer Khorasani Kebab&Grill and Steak House. This restaurant has been a part of the Sultanahmet gastronomy scene for many years and is famed for its Turkish BBQ (the ocakbaşi), tender kebabs, and freshly prepared mezes. While the menu caters to a range of culinary interests, if you want a unique dining experience then ask to pick out your mezes and kebabs from the kitchen counter and have the chef cook your kebab over the BBQ's open fire inside the restaurant. Another popular dish from the coals of the BBQ is the Testi Kebab. As featured in New Zealand's World Kitchen TV show, this flavored meat and vegetable casserole is sealed in a clay pot, slowly cooked over the BBQ coals, and cracked open before the eyes of diners. Check out the video under "We in Press" on the Khorasani website for more information about the kebab from Central Anatolia. Khorasani also has a great wine menu and is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner." Afar.
Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

We ate here a few nights as we loved it the first night and really wanted to try some other items on their menu.
Highly recommend the Anatolian chicken and turkish ravioli.
Will be back to trial more on our next visit to Istanbul.

Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

Aubergine and hummus are spectacular. The minced lamb and beef with base of aubergine similarly great. Go eat here, you won’t regret it.

Reviewed December 16, 2017

Khorasani stands out even in the midst of tourist-catering restaurant! While it also catered mainly toward tourists, this restaurant nonetheless makes an excellent meal stop because of its delicious dishes, generous additions, and good service.

After a long intercontinental flight, I wanted a quick meal near the Blue Mosque and my prior research pointed me to this restaurant based on past positive reviews. As soon as I sat down and ordered my dish, I was greeted with a small basket of bread with garlic hummus dip. Initially, I suspected that this was a trick to tack on extra charge, but the waiter ensure that it's on the house! I tried the bread with the dip, and loved the softness of the bread and the garlic savory taste of the hummus dip. It was a good start to my first meal in Turkey - and to think that I used to dislike hummus in the US!

Then my entree of Adana kebab arrived. Made from finely-grounded lamb meat, the Adana kebab was surprisingly filling and packed with flavors, even though it looked deceptively small-portioned and unremarkable. On the same plate, the included rice pilaf was another delicious surprise with subtle flavors and the salad vegetable was fresh and crisp. For about 30 TL, the dish was a delicious mini feast!

When I asked for the bill, the waiter asked if I would like a cup of tea and knowing my suspicious nature, added that it's complimentary. At first I declined but as I was paying my bill, I noticed that everyone - locals and tourists - around me had a tulip-shaped cup of tea and it dawned upon me that tea was an important drink in Turkey (a fact that I verified later in my trip) so I changed my mind and requested for the tea. Even after I paid my bill, the waiter without hesitation brought me the complimentary tea to end my meal.

Overall, the total charge was 36 TL, which included water and 10% service. While it's the typical cost of a meal especially in the Sultanhamet area, you certainly would get more food from the same price because of the complimentary bread, hummus, and tea. In addition, the meal here remains one of the best I had in Istanbul and is comparable to the authentic meal I had outside the tourist district, so I definitely recommend dining here when you need a nice sit-down meal in Sultanahmet.

Reviewed November 21, 2017

My wife and I ate here late in November and did not want to eat anything heavy. We had four starters: baked humous, rolled meatballs with filling, Borek plate (cheese filo pastry) and fried calamari. All the starters were excellent especially the rolled meatballs with filing and the Borek plate. The staff were very friendly and honest: we had wanted lahmacun but their oven wasn't working so they couldn't make it. They did suggest another place if we wanted just to have lahmacun.

A lovely experience and the starters were lovely.

Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed this place ! Had Wi-fi. Food is great and very authentic . Turkish coffee ! Yum yum, they don’t have desserts apart from Baclava but there is lots to choose from the menu and it’s in a nice quieter section of the town .