All reviewsgreat locationblue mosqueguest houseplace to staysingle roomtopkapi palacetram stationchorarooftop
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed here again but this time with the family in a 4 person dorm. Once again Agora did not disappoint. The service, the atmosphere, facilities, tile floors, breakfast all top notch. The staff did remember me from my trip 7 months ago with friends. They gave out local hand made maps that they created. They recommended meatball restaurant which was great. The Room was great, it was sturdy and the bunk beds did not move when someone climbed up. They finally put stoppers on the locker doors so they wouldn't slam on the floor. Big lockers, bring your lock. Bring rooms and hallways with sensors. Bathroom was always clean, and hot water always there. They do provide paper towels in the bathrooms but some people use them as towels, bring your own towels folks. The girls to guy ration was most probably 4 to 1 which was nice ;) nice crowd of travelers. The breakfast was great with bread, eggs, jam, dried fruits, regular fruits, juice, tea, coffee, cereal, milk, cake. The rooftop has 2 levels which is real nice to hang out during the day and night. Don't stay anywhere else (ie Metropolis) but stay here. My 2nd stay here and def not my last if I go back to Istanbul.

Room Tip: We stayed in the basement floor next to the bathrooms. It's a high traffic area with everyone coming downstairs to use the facilities. Stay on the higher floors to avoid foot traffic noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank NiteSurfer1
Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

I have been in Turkey for 11 days, originally I was traveling with a friend and stayed in a hotel and I booked Agora for the final night before I flew out. Even though I wasn't originally staying at the hostel they helped me book my trip to Gallipoli. They are extremely helpful and obliging and it was never a trouble to get directions or information. The hostel is very clean, everytime I walk around I see someone moping the floors or wiping basins. Agora also had a lovely roof top terrace and comfortable common room. Breakfast is buffet style with a decent selection. Location is perfect, just a few minutes to Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Basillica Cistern etc.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank AmiH3
Reviewed May 19, 2012

As already reviewed many, this is a brilliant place to stay. The staff is amazing and the rooftop view and breakfast on the rooftop restaurant is breathtaking. Ohran the manager is very helpful and tries to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Room Tip: 10 bedded dorm is a perfect place to meet new people and stay comfortably.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
10  Thank Vipul J
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed in the deluxe ensuite twin room. It was a decent size and clean and comfortable. The shower had lots of hot water and great water pressure. The owner and staff were exceptional, very friendly and helpful. On our last morning we had to leave early to catch a flight and they even provided us with an early breakfast which was super sweet of them. Breakfast consisted of choices of cereal, some sort of squares, juices, coffee, tea, meat slices, cheeses, tomotoes, cucumbers, boiled eggs, yogurt. The view from the hotel is fantastic over the water as well from the rooftop you can see Aya Sophia.

the hotel is perfectly situated, very very easy walking distance to Aya Sophia, the Blue Mosque, and Topkapi Palace. Also easy walking distance to the Grand Bazaar and the harbor for the Bosphorus cruises.

I can't comment on the hostel rooms, but for the private rooms, I can highly recommend it. Would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Halilee
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed here for three nights in April 2012 in a private room. It was clean, well situated, good breakfast, and the staff were superb! We didn't have any complaints regarding neighbourhood noise or from the hostel dwellers. We hadn't considered private rooms at a hostel, but Agora Guesthouse proved that it can be done, and exceptionally well at that. We were very impressed by how helpful the staff were in addressing our questions and planning daily activities and recommendations.

Room Tip: We had a regular private room on the second floor (facing the rear) and it was great. The extra EUR 10 per night for the sea view probably isn't worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple