“Lovely stay for the first night in Istanbul”
Review of Agora Guesthouse

and 1 more site!
Agora Guesthouse
Ranked #3 of 1,258 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was amazing.Private bedroom and ensuite were very clean and comfortable. Great location and close to main street, mosques, hippodrome and markets. Only stayed one night however would look to stay here again if we were to ever return to Istanbul.

Room Tip: Stayed in a double private bedroom.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Bianca L

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Five of us stayed in the 10-bed mixed dorms and had a blast. Met new, interesting people. Rooms and loos were clean, neat and hygienic. Helpful staff. Good location. 7mins walking distance from the Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque. 10mins from Sultanahmet tram station. Great rooftop view of the sea and both these monuments. Nice breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Aditya B
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My positive experiences with the staff started before we even checked in. I had several email communications with the staff before arrival and found them to be so accomodating and very funny! I had to change my airport pick up time and that was no problem. The hostel itself is bright and clean. The terrace is wonderful and the breakfast is terrific.
There is plenty of information available for restaurants, tours and other things to do. I was very pleased with everything they recommended!
I highly recommend this hostel! I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Istanbul!!! Thanks guys!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Terri J
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Loved staying here! The staff were incredible, so enthusiastic and welcoming, gave us all high fives when we returned from Gallipoli! Breakfast was the best of any hostel I've been to, and getting to enjoy the views of Istanbul from the roof terrace was definitely a highlight! Rooms were clean and with good facilities, these guys really take pride in running this place! A stone's throw from the main sights and plenty of fabulous restaurants on the next street, I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Maria N
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I think Agora guesthouse is one of the best guesthouse in the world.

Now,I'm traveling around the world and I stayed a lot of guest house.My words are based on these experiences of travel.Certainly I'd like to recommend Agora guesthouse to you with confidence.
I had been Agora guesthouse for 2weeks then I was travering around Turkey,and I came back here for 1week because I really really love here and awesome staffs!!!

First,cleanliness is perfect.I stayed in standard dom,there are 10beds with big locker.it was kept clean always and quiet so I promise you can sleep very well.Shower rooms are also excellent.they have the small dressing room in the shower room one by one.

Second,breakfast is awesome.There are a lot of fruits,vegetables,breads,salamis,cheeses,yogult,cakes,tea,milk....You can eat them as much as you want.

Third,the staffs is excellent.They are very helpful and friendry,I really really love them!They always made me happy.They have so good sense of humor and very nice personality.when I asked about something,they always helped me perfectly.

Finally,I was so happy in Agora guesthouse.My trip in Turkey was wonderful,amazing,awesome time with Agora guesthouse.
When you come here,you must love here.
Here is my favorite place in the world!!
I must come back here again!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank chum.3535
Reviewed 15 July 2012

A lovely fanastic Hostel in what can only be decribed as a vibrant city. The hostel staff welcomed me and my friend so warmly that its true first impression always last! They day time reception always joking and smiling and very helpful, and the poor evening guy, always helping me no matter what time of night to deal with air con! The beds were spacious and good mattresses and a decent pillow! Lovely clean rooms, and good hot pressure showers! Great to see metal bunkbunks (less chance of bed bugs) and big lockage storage, making you feel very safe and secure there. My only complaint would be (and Im aware im probably a minority here) is that the the rooms were actually TOO cold at night with the air con. I appreciate without it, the hot summer nights would be unbearable, but if like me, you don't actually like sleeping in air con rooms (bad for the throat and wake up freezxing) at least get a bed far away from air con! Other then my issues with that, I found this hostel easy to meet new people, very welcoming, clean and good location. Would definitely recommend again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank Missybridge
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I have been in many many hostels and Agora is hard to beat for any backpacker.

First of all, something extremely hard to find : Metal bunk beds.

Now for those of us who backpack, we all know that usual wooden bunk beds make a lot of noise, especially when the drunk guy sleeping on top is coming back late, wasted from the local wine or beer. Also, any movement makes insane amount of noise and are very bad for those of us with light sleep. A fully metallic bunk bed, with integrated lockers, fixes all of this!

Bathrooms are spotless clean, the staff is just great, the breakfast is absolutely delicious, prices are right, good selection of trips and activities... And the very best of all, the fabulous terasse with jaw dropping fews.

It might be a bit noisy in the morning with people going up and down, but that's what you pay for... not paying much!

I had an amazing time in Istanbul and Agora made it even better. It's super easy to get to and in easy reach of many great spots in the city. I would go back without even thinking about it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo