Crowne Plaza Istanbul - Oryapark(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$79
Basileus Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$512
galahotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationblue mosqueguest houseplace to staysingle roomtopkapi palacetram stationchorahostelrooftop
Reviewed May 2, 2016

Glad i chose this place to stay during my backpacking trip. Stayed 2 nights in dorm. Very clean and comfortable. Bathroom very clean and looks like new. I love their breakfast spread. Used to go to rooftop and have my breakfast there. The Marmara Seaview was awesome. Relaxing and breathtaking view. Walking distance to almost every tourist attractions there. Blue Mosque, Haggia Sophia, Grand Bazaar etc.
Staff are friendly, warm, cheerful and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Atheena R
Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

My partner & I stayed at Agora Guesthouse for 6 nights in mid April (a slightly delayed review).

From the moment we checked in after a long flight from Australia, we felt that we would genuinely be looked after.

The (private) room that we stayed in was good. Very clean & tidy with a good bathroom, & staff did a good job turning it over each day (Do Not Disturb signs available if you want your room to be left alone).

The location is sensational; 5 minutes walk to Sultanahmet Square, however be prepared to walk a gauntlet of a street of tourist trap restaurants with desperate hosts competing for your Lira, however this is no reflection on Agora & it's proximity to restaurants is a positive thing.

The rooftop common area/dining room is great. Guide books in various languages, laptops, & a breathtaking view of the Bosphorus & Asia are at your disposal.
Complimentary breakfast each morning is also very good - as slightly picky westerners it did the job nicely.

But what makes this place special are the staff.
Orhan could not be more helpful. Professional but genuinely warm & friendly, this guy is a legend. Bob with his dry humour was fantastic, & the lovely Turkish girl we saw in the mornings all made this establishment stand out, as well as the rest of the crew.

There may be cheaper guest houses, however I strongly recommend Agora for its location, view, & above all helpful, professional & friendly team.

Thanks guys, we'll be back!

- An honourable mention to the gentleman who sells hot & spiced meatball & spiced chicken sandwiches outside Agora each night. Orhan recommended this upon our check in, & more than once we found ourselves skipping the tourist trap restaurants & grabbing a (very filling) sandwich & sitting in the common area watching the ships on the Bosphorus.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2016

A big thank you to Orhan and the rest of the Agora staff for a great one-night stay there. The hostel is situated close to the main Sultanahmet attractions (Blue Mosque, Haga Sofia, etc.), so the location is perfect. The rooms and toilets were clean and appeared well maintained, and the wifi was fast. Orhan was also nice enough to upgrade us to another dorm at no extra charge. I look forward to returning to Agora when I next visit Istanbul and will definitely recommend it to friends. Keep up the good work!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2016

I live in the basement, the bed is very soft, very clean sheets, the bathroom is very clean, can not wear shoes.
Best is the top of the restaurant and the viewing platform, you can look at the port and the blue mosque, the line of sight is very good.
Their staff is very enthusiastic, will take the initiative to say hello to you, introduce the surrounding environment, and to remind you of some travel notes.

In addition, I lost the camera lens there, they promptly contact and help me get the lens.
The Staffs is 鈴木 知美 & Vahap Sumer.
Thank them very much.

我住在了他们地下室,床很软,有很干净的床单,浴室也非常干净,可以不穿鞋子走来走去。

最好的是顶部的餐厅和观景台,你可以看到港口和蓝色清真寺,视线是非常好的。
他们的工作人员很热情,会主动向你问好,介绍周围的环境,并提醒你一些旅游事宜。

此外,我在那里失去了相机镜头,他们及时联系我,并协助我得到的镜头。
员工是鈴木知美和Vahap Sumer。

非常感谢他们。

Room Tip: As warm as home
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed February 16, 2016

I stayed at this hotel last year and had a fantastic time. I am so glad I was not disappointed at all this time. The staff members were as genuinely helpful and friendly as last time, the same generous breakfast, and the fantastic view from the terrace. The room was as clean as before, and the hotel is in such a convenient location. I again enjoyed just walking back to the hotel through the Blue Mosque area, the prettiest part of the city. I am already looking forward to returning to Agora and Istanbul.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo