See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Located just 2 tram stops away from Sultanahmet (approx 5 mins direct on the tramline) offering excellent value for money accommodation plus numerous cheap cafe's on the doorstep. Hasan & staff extremely helpful. Short walk to Aksaray tram stop.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lunghiboy
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We booked a last minute break to Istanbul and stayed at this hotel - which whilst perhaps does not conform to our jaundiced idea of "tourist type" hotels - does what its says on the tin. The room was small but adequate (have stayed in similar Travel Lodge accommodation), the room was cleaned to high standard every day and the towels were changed every day (none of this please put in shower to conserve energy etc) and the buffet breakfast was fine. The area it is located in is maybe less than salubrious but then step off main drag in any large city and you will find a similar area. I (female) had no sense of danger (unlike large cities in UK) and was happy to walk to and from hotel late at nigh despite mainly men sitting in Cay (tea) Houses. From the hotel it was a ten minute direct walk into centre of Istanbul so ideal location for sight seeing. We found the staff polite and helpful (organised transfer at much cheaper rate then available on net). So would I recommend this hotel - yes if you are looking for a "no frills" hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KrisKolumbus
Reviewed May 1, 2010

i have no words to describe this filfthy place!!! the area is absolutely terrible, mainly men on the streets. staff from the hotel were absolutely rude and unhelpful. i paid for 4 nights but left after 2!!! couldnt stand anymore the place. room is more a box room, shower has leak all the time, absolutely awful.
also is far away from Blue Mosque, please dont believe is near by!! the hotel is located in Aksaray area, horrible horrible area.
i dont recommend the area for a woman at all. i had my partner with me and even that every single man was looking at me, btw i had headscarf, long sleeve and trousers!!!
all the recepcionists were rude to me and my partner, we had to ask more than 5 times for the remote control for the tv. the absolutely ignored us all the time.
this was my second time in Istanbul i should know already that the best area to stay is next to Blue Mosque!!
Awful experiencia in this place i had!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LondonMarcia
Reviewed October 15, 2009

Booked two nights 13 and 14 October 2009. Hotel situated in a very run down area of Istanbul with several night clubs in the vicinity which appeared to be frequented only by men??? An hour after we arrived in the afternoon there was a big fight in the street right outside. During the 20 hours we stayed in the area we heard police sirens almost continually. The hotel reception area was lit by one dim bulb and the general decoration very poor. The hotel room is best described as a box room, the toilet was filthy, the shower drain overflowed and gushed water all over the bathroom floor. The bed was rock hard. The breakfast was, however, reasonable and the staff pleasant and helpful enough to show us where to get a taxi because frankly it was so bad we stayed just the one night and checked out at 9am the next morning. I read reviews before booking and accept that at about £40 a night it wasn't going to be fantastic but we had just come from Anatolia Suites about a kilometre away which for about the same money was very good indeed. I conclude that all those people who reviewed this hotel so positively must have extremely low standards.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2009

on approach to the hotel, you are given a false impression. the roads are dirty, the pavements are full of people selling their wares. but inside, the hotel is very clean, and the staff were superb. when i went into my allocated room, there was a puddle of water in the bathroom. the staff had no hesitation in giving me another room. the rooms are clean,and i cant praise the staff enough,especially the staff at the desk.they were extremely polite and helpful.there is also an internet cafe right next to it,which was helpful.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo