All reviews galata bridge rooftop restaurant manager ali old city top floor hotel is located panoramic view metro station corner room minute walk the hotel manager every morning perfect hotel turkey choose this hotel public transportation clean rooms
Reviewed September 7, 2018

The hotel is located close to the metro station, tram and bus station. You can easily go to the touristic areas. The hotel provided my dad with a wheelchair for free. The breakfast area is overviewing the bosphorus with an amazing view of Istanbul. Staff are very friendly they have provided me and my family with all information needed for my trip specilly Jan at the front desk and Hassan from the concierge department. Though it is a small hotel but it is convenient for touring in Istanbul. Thank you Istanbul City hotel for the amazing trip.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
GChotelistanbul, Director of Sales at Istanbul Golden City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review of your recent stay at Golden City Hotel
To learn that you had such a fantastic experience with us and that you consider your time at Golden City Hotel to be truly your home here in Istanbul gives me great pleasure.
It has been an absolute pleasure having you with us and to receive such fabulous feedback,
I hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and rather hope that you shall regard our hotel as your new Istanbul home.

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed in Istanbul Golden City Hotel for 8 nights and I had a wonderful time, Friendly & helpful staff specially Mr.Ali at the reception and Mr. Kasim, Amazing view from the rooms window and the roof top, great breakfast, perfect location for who love walking to tourists attractions.
I was really pleased to chose this hotel for my first visit to beautiful city of Istanbul and I will definitely come back to this hotel in the future.
Keep the good job.
Yasser & Aisha

Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel for 10 nights through our travel agent Teli Travels Karachi. The hotel is very clean / tidy at a location convenient for all transportations (bus, Metro & tramvay and Ferry too). The hotel is close to major attractions, between old and new Istanbul. Front staff was pleasant and very helpful. Particularly, Mr. Fatihy, Mr.Ali and Mr. Kasim. Breakfast was quite good with lots of variety including fruits & vegetables. View from roof top restaurant is amazing n serene. Restaurant staff was also welcoming and efficient.
And now, some grey areas that need to improve;
Initially, we were given a very small room 504. There was no space to open our luggage and not any chair to sit except bedding to be used for this purpose. However, on my request, Mr. Alper (GM) intervened and a bigger and cosy room 406 was provided (after 4 nights). This room was fine and so we enjoyed our stay here. Thank you Mr. Alper for your kindness!
Lifts are too small, we as a couple were fine, but bigger group faced difficulty. I know this is built in, difficult to improve.
Would like to come again , in the same or similar room.
We are particularly grateful to Mr. Fatihy of Front office, whose presence make us feel like Home
Thanks once again for your kind hospitality!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest;

First of all i would like to thank you in the name of all Golden City Team.

We are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay here.

It is very big proud of us to make you feel comfortable and happy here.

You can be sure that you have a second home here in Istanbul and whenever you come you will receive a warm welcome.

Have a wonderful day,

Warm Regards

Reviewed August 23, 2018

This is a wonderful hotel, great breakfast buffet, clean rooms, excellent service. Ali the front desk manager was especially helpful in all areas including arranging airport transportation. Would highly recommend

Room tip: Great views of the Golden Triangle area from the roof top restaurant on the 10th floor
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

No way I’m staying in this so called hotel,the hotel location is horrible it’s in the middle of industrial store and shops it’s not friendly for visitors, rooms are very small and don’t let the pictures fool you, the only thing I liked was the rooftop restaurant view.

Trip type: Travelled with family