Bitinya Day Tours - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Beyond expectations Bosphorus Tour ...

We feel in love with Istanbul at first sight. Especially The Bosphorus Tour, guided by Ugur, was... read more

Reviewed October 13, 2016
Sanne P
Aalborg, Denmark
Far exceeded our expectations!

My husband and I took two (2) private tours with Bitinya - Highlights of Istanbul 1, and Off the... read more

Reviewed April 8, 2016
LenaTravelstheWorld
Scottsdale, Arizona
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 8, 2015

I booked the Highlights 1 tour and had Serdar as my guide. I agree with the fact that you can tour Istanbul on your own, but having someone to organize your day and guide you through the attractions saves a lot of time and in one day I could go to most attractions in one day, on foot, avoiding cues.
The Night Photography tour with Ugur and Emre was also fun. I am a beginner in photography and Emre gave me useful tips. We walked through parts of Istanbul I wouldn't do by myself alone, and the place they took me for dinner was so interesting and the food was delicious.
I also booked airport transfers with them, from Ataturk to my hotel and from my hotel to Sabiha Gocken Airport when I left, at good prices and good service.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed September 3, 2015

We went to Istanbul, Cappadocia, Konya, Ephesus, Bursa, and back to Cappadocia. Ugur was a knowledgeable, patient, and flexible host who paid great attention to detail and met all of our requests for planning, and also changes in daily plans as needed. He was well versed in history and architecture, and enriched our experience immensely. All of us on the tour would recommend Bitinya and Ugur highly.

Date of experience: August 2015
UgurMalgil, Yönetici at Bitinya Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2015

Hi Dana,
Thank you very much for your great comment about our 15 days tour in Turkey. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in Turkey with BITINYA TOURS. As it was a custom made tour; it is esential to show the flexibility to make the guests happy and comfortable. Happy to hear that we succeeded it.
Thank you very much for recommending us to the other guests planning a visit to Turkey and hope to meet you again for East Anatolia tour whenever you are available

Reviewed September 2, 2015

I had read good reviews about this company tours ans decided to book a night photo tour with them, for me and my wife (a non photographer, she just came along not to be left at the hotel). We were met at our hotel (in Beyoglu, 200 meters from Galata Tower) at 7.30pm by our guide Mr, Imre Vardar. Right at the begining he told us that the tour had to be over by 11pm because he lived in the asian side of town and he had a train to catch to get home. He then proceeded to take us to Galata tower (we didn't stop), Karakoy and across Galata Bridge to Eminonu.. From here we climbed the hill to the neighborhood of Suleymaniye Mosque where we spent some time in a shabby rooftop café with good views but where you were not allowed to use a tripod. From there we walked through garbage strewn streets to Beyazit where we had dinner at a street restaurant with a very limited choice of dishes: no pides (turkish traditional pizzas) because the oven was not working anymore (it was 10 pm), I had to pay extra for the beer that I drank. During dinner Mr, Vardar was very busy texting his girlfriend in his cellphone. At the end of the dinner our guide asked to be paid, which we did and then he really switched on the turbocharger. I asked him if we could take some shots of Aya Sofia and Sultanahmet Mosque and he told me they were 'not included' but, as a favor, he would make the detour. We walked about 500 meters and from the same spot in the corner of Sultanahmet Park we stopped about 10 minutes taking pictures of both monuments.After that we took the tram and by 11pm he got off in Eminonu to catch his train and we went back to our hotel. Our guide, who claimed to be a photographer, did not at any time offer any special insight or knowledge about Istanbul photography. He did not take us to any specially beautiful or hard to find scenic viewpoints, everywhere we went we could have gone by ourselves. For this 'photo tour' I paid 144€ cash. I rate it with 1 point because I don't know how to rate it with 0 points.

Date of experience: August 2015
UgurMalgil, Yönetici at Bitinya Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2015

Hi pinetree9999,
I read your mesage about the night photography tour you did with Emre and I am thinking how to change that bad experience and leave Turkey with a smiling face and good memory of my country.
I agree that dinner at 10 pm. is pretty late. Most of the tours start from the hotels at Blue Mosque area, therefore we don't have the dinner that late. It could have been solved in another way. The complaint about texting: I coulnd't quite get sure if he was texting all during the tour or during dinner. But anyway, we will take his attention to that point as it is not pleasant for the clients.
The tour starts at 7:00 or 7:30 pm. depending on to the sun-set time and finishes around 11:00 pm.
The Blue Mosque area is not included in the itinerary as most of the guest stays in that area, they can take the photo of the area on their own. For the clients not staying at the Blue Mosque area we give some time to take photo in that area.
It is not allowed to use tripod at that cafe because it is giving an obstacle to the waiters serving. When it is not busy we contact to the management, to use tripod for a limited time. As far as I know they let you to use your tripod for a limited time.
Nearly all the streets from the cafe to the Beyazit has garbage left. At the end of the day the shop keepers left the garbage out of their shops and they stay there till they are picked up. We try to pick the route to make the client walk less. But we will be more carefull about this matter.
The drinks during the meal is not included.
This is the first negative comment about the Istanbul by Night Photography Tour. We take note from your constructive criticisms and we will do our best to improve the tour.
We will be happy to do something to make you leave our country with a good impression.
Best regards

Reviewed September 2, 2015

Our two week trip to Turkey was outstanding and having Ugur as our driver and guide for the trip made it that way. He is extremely personable, knowledgeable and capable. I highly recommend him and his company. nathaji

Hi khecara,
Thank you very much for your wonderful comment about our travel agency. We had a wonderful time including Istanbul, Cappadocia, Konya, Pamukkale, Ephesus and Bursa. As we run customized tours; we made the necessary changes during the time we had been planning the tour and also duing the tour. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in Turkey and recommending us to the others. Thank you very much and hope to meet you again.

Reviewed August 9, 2015

My wife and I and our 3 teenage kids took an "off the beaten path tour" on Thursday august 6th in Istanbul with Betul Basak as our guide and we all throughly enjoyed ourselves. Betul was very professional , knowledgeable and interesting . She arrived on time and took us on a great walking tour which included several stops , one for turkish breakfast snacks, lunch on the asian side a stop at the local fruit market and one for turkish coffee. It was a great way to keep the kids interested yet exposed to the culture as there are only so many museums and mosques teenagers can endure.