“Cosy central location family friendly hotel”
Review of Ayasultan Hotel

Ayasultan Hotel
Ranked #331 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 14 days with my three children, elderly parents and brothers family. We all loved our stay at this hotel.
Ayasultan hotel has a central location with many shops and restaurants surrounding it. Tram is also conveniently close. Walking distance to most major attractions such as Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, and the Basilica.
Hotel rooms are cosy and clean and have been renovated recently. Bathroom and shower is clean.
Staff are extremely helpful. Rabiah, Boris, Adil are all very friendly and accomodating. They treated us like family and didn’t feel homesick.
Breakfast is simple and delicious with a variety of food and a good view of Hagia Sophia.
You will definitely enjoy this budget family friendly hotel. Good value for your money.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I arrived late at night, tired from travelling, ready for bed. It took about 30 mins for the transfer I had pre-organised to arrive and find me, despite calling the hotel 3 times after I landed and them assuring me the driver was "right in front of me".

Upon arrival at the hotel, they told me in the lobby that there were no rooms available (I booked months in advance) and that they would have to move me to another hotel.

The other hotel/room was dank, smaller, cheaper (I looked it up online). Super disappointing. Will be recommending to everyone I know to avoid this hotel like the plague.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Been here for a long layover. The room is small, just like standard hotel room everywhere. The breakfast is good with view of Hagia Sophia. The location is great, near the Hagia Sophia and also train stop.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Good location, small room, leaking air condition, smelly corridors, average breakfast, below expected service, did not provide room service on all days. I have been in a much better hotel in the same area for a comparable price before

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Hygiene is baaaaaad
I mean no duvet covers,garbage bins or tissue box
Lobby a mess old & dirty
Staff amazing
Location fantastic
Safety very good
Tea & coffee on z house all day
Breakfast poor
Needs revamping !

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Clean hotel, nice people. Adil is a kind receptionist. I recommend when you purchase the hotel get the breakfast included. Nice breakfast buffet. 2 minutes to Yerebatan, Topkapi, Hagiasofia blue mosque. Trolley is very close to Spice bazaar, close bazaar. Visit Suleymaniye mosque, and see the beautiful view. Ramadan is a nice month to visit Sultan Ahmet but avoid restaurants at the break of fasting if you are not practicing Islam. Very crowded. There are small markets close to the hotel where you can buy water, toothpaste, toothbrush etc. Many professional beggars using children. Carry small change and they are happy. Avoid fancy dresses, miniskirts or shorts. No fancy Jewelery. Traditional old city of İstanbul

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank LINChicago
Reviewed 31 October 2016

I have had good expectations about this hotel due to high overall hotel score but I was really surprised.
My impression:
-Hotel room was much smaller than advertised. My hotel room in Budapest was only 14sm but was still bigger than claimed 20sqm room.
-Room was dirty and had to be cleaned again, hair on bed side, bathroom cabinet and one inch of dust on a wardrobe
-Worst breakfast I have had in my entire hotel experience and I travel fair a bit.
-Hotel was renovated during our stay but it wasn't even mentioned when I booked hotel on hotels.com
So, we had to keep blinds and windows close at all time since hotel was covered in scaffolding

Positives