“Our Best Hotel ever”
Review of Neorion Hotel

Neorion Hotel
Ranked #7 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 16 January 2012

From the first contact when we booked Neoriion Hotel for Christmas and New Year 2011/2012, hotel staff replied welcoming us and supplied details of very useful web sites about Istanbul, to the e-mail that greeted us when we returned home, saying that they hoped we had had a good journey home.

We were collected us from the Airport and warmly greeted by reception staff, who gave us a map, useful tips on transport etc. and a welcome drink.

We really enjoyed our holiday and I am sure Neorion hotel staff contributed towards this. They left us a card and gift for New Year’s Eve, they welcomed us on the terrace at the stroke of midnight with a complimentary drink and extended breakfast and meza times on New Year’s Day.

The staff gave me a surprise on my Birthday with a cake and present, I have not blown candles out on a birthday cake for many years! Reception staff, waiters, waitresses all sang Happy Birthday.

We have stayed in hotels all over the world but we can honestly say that our experience in Neorion has been a very special one. Neorion staff, all of whom contributed to making our holiday in Istanbul a fantastic trip we will never forget.

We booked this hotel because of the comments left on TripAdvisor and were so pleased that we did, we can not recommend this hotel highly enough, the staff offer genuine hospitality.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank GreatHols333

Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed in the Neorion hotel for 5 days in Jan, 2012 with my husband. We got not only great service & attention to us, but amazingly warm & friendly hospitality what made us feel as at home with friends around. Everythihng was great, included meal as lucnhes & breakfasts, swimming pool, hamma, turkish sauna, free wine what was offered for us by the time of arrival. People (hotel staff) gave us all helpful answers on our questions, adviced for us where the best to go & what to see, where the best to eat, etc. We were assisted on 100% & felt there as we VIP persons there. Amazing clean white soft bed lining, very comfortable accomodation in the very center of Istanbul, surrounded by multiple cafes & great restoraunts. I recommend this place for everybody who really want to come to Istanbul, enjoy the trip & get incredible positive emotions. We got more than just hospitality, we were treated like royal family. This is an amazing hotel. Thanks so much for everything. We will come there again & again.

Room Tip: very comfy was even to live close to the elevator, no noise at all, great!
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We spent 3 days here at Christmas and it was a wonderful experience. From the first moment we were welcomed with such warmth and hospitality. The staff couldn´t do enough for us whatever we asked for it was never a problem.
Our room was a little noisy because of the tram so I asked to change and was shown 2 rooms to choose from.
They provided us with restaurants which were all very good. We arrived late the first evening but were taken to a nearby restaurant by one of the staff. The breakfast is fantastic, waiters very professional.
The rooms are imaculate, wonderful comfy bed. The bathroom spotlessly clean.I couldn´t find and faults.
The hotel is very well run with an excellent staff. We had a great 3 days in this fantastic hotel.
Thank you very much Neorion staff.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gillvigo
Reviewed 14 January 2012

The whole experience of booking the stay, checking on a dinner reservation, checkin, briefing on a one day tour, checkout, transfer to airport were all handled exceptionally well. We celebrated my son's 21st birthday and they went out of their way to make it special. Its a well run hotel, with good rooms and exceptional staff in a great location for touring the old city. Easy to get to from the airport on the train and tram - one easy change. Then easy to use the tram to get to the sites or walk to many. Keep doing it - many hotels could learn from your approach.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank GlobalServicesGuy
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I went to the Neorion Hotel just prior to Christmas 2011 and I have to say I was dissappointed with the poor service they offered. Rooms were very claustrophobic and bathrooms were not as shown on the website. No good view from the room and noisey. Overall very poor. I don't how it is number 1 on Tripadvisor. I suppose the breakfast was good, and if it wasn't for that I would have not finished my nights there. BEWARE!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
95  Thank James M
Reviewed 13 January 2012

In all our travels, this was the first time we experienced personal attention with warmth and hospitality. The staff - from the front desk through to the restaurant and the cleaning staff, all were equally kind and good at what they were doing. The hotel is new, clean and a most pleasant place to spend your vacation. We will recommend this hotel at all times. Well done Neorion, we will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony offers a view on the Bosporus and part of the old city. This is an excellent ho...
4  Thank John1234567890
Reviewed 11 January 2012

My wife and I stayed at Neorion for week, during which time I injured my foot on some wet marble out in town. The staff were very sympathetic and provided me with every imaginable service available to help me get around the city. They went so far as to find crutches from a medical supply store, arrange for meals in my room, set up taxis and shuttles and all the airport assistance I could require.

We found the place warm, well furnished comfortable and very clean. The breakfast food was very good and the free daytime snacks made it a natural place to congregate in between daytime sightseeing expeditions. The house wine was outstanding, and the associated restaurants were a great sampling of the local cuisine and a very nice value.

We found the staff courteous and pleasant, with a very good grasp of English. Prices were very fair and the overall impression of the trip was extremely positive.

Highly Recommended, without any hesitations!

4  Thank J-R-and-Bucket