My first trip to Istanbul and I spent 6 nights here. This guesthouse certainly deserves high praises.
- Rooms are simple, spacious and eco-friendly. Good wifi.
- Breakfast spread was delicious - esp the scrambled eggs and pancakes.
- Most of all, the hospitality and attentiveness of team Murats -- they recommended good local restaurants and activities to do; genuinely made us feel like old friends with our chats on various topics under the sun; helped with some admin requests for my flights out. To top it off, I was most touched that on our last day, they gave us a going away gift relating to Turkish movies that we had been talking about a few evenings before - how thoughtful and kind of them. (Thanks so much Murats! )
Bottomline: They go above and beyond to make you feel at home.
In terms of location - I initially had reservations not staying directly in Sultanahmet. But after the 1st day, I was glad we didn't end up there as it is too touristy. I much prefer the Taksim area as it is less touristy, has better eating options and interesting nooks and corners to explore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The building of the hotel is an authentic 100 year old Istanbul house. The exterior kept as it is, while the inside is renovated with modern architectural concepts. All 9 rooms are different from each other though the concept is the same. Location of the hotel is in the center of Beyoglu, which is in the center of Istanbul. The hotel is operated and managed by the owners themselves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Peradays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.